Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

I have been using T-Blades since 2001 and they have always made my skates lighter but these skates are a whole new level of light. I have my old Graf 705's and Graf Ultra G5's on hand still. I will have to do a weight comparison.

I'm curious, how do the VH boots feel to skate in compared to the --5s from Graf, also, how high is the boot cut compared to those. 705s were the best fit I ever had, and I've been unable to skate in anything higher cut ever since, but I'm really intrigued by VHF.

Drumroll......

20131105_131444_RichtoneHDR_zps433311db.

Finally showed up! Baked and done. Fantastic fit, fantastic product, I'm more than happy with this purchase! I'll snap more pics later I gotta get back to work lol!

• Like 1

Drumroll......

Finally showed up! Baked and done. Fantastic fit, fantastic product, I'm more than happy with this purchase! I'll snap more pics later I gotta get back to work lol!

I love the white. When do you get to skate on them?

Drumroll......

congrats. they look fantastic. what runners do you have on the tuuks?

Just got off the ice.

These skates are unbelievable. Zero pain, first skate, I've never had that. I was concerned that they felt a bit soft but that sure wasn't the case they have all the support of a bauer boot IMO. Just amazed at the moment!

Oh and the runners are blackedge I just put the logos to the inside.

I was told by an NHL EQM who has handled the skate that the TOTAL WEIGHT of a size 9 skate was 660g; runners, steel, everything!

Also, Winnipeg may be what they are in the NHL, however, there's a reason why a few players ditched other brands to use VH, and it isn't money or skate weight. I see other players being seen when they pop into WPG.

Interesting.

Can anyone weigh theirs and comment how much they have been tipping the scales at?

Zach

Drumroll......

Very nice!

Edited by retroXvertigo

Thanks for posting that pic. I loved the white tendon guard earlier in the thread and wondered how the whole thing would look in white. You've answered that (personally, it's too much for me).

Was the name/number a special request? I'm not sure if I'd do that to mine, but it would be awesome to have something fully custom (my current running shoes are Nike iD with my starting weight on one tongue and my goal weight on the other, kind of a motivational thing, so yeah I definitely dig custom stuff).

Anyone know if I can Bake the Red foot bed exclusively?

I got my skates baked and they fit great but I have flatfeet so when I stand my feet expand and I don't think I got that good of a molding from my foot bed because there's no pressure when I'm sitting and waiting for the skates to cool down.

I want to heat up the Red foot bed for a short while and then place them in my skates while I stand.

Edited by Speedz98

Anyone know if I can Bake the Red foot bed exclusively?

I got my skates baked and they fit great but I have flatfeet so when I stand my feet expand and I don't think I got that good of a molding from my foot bed because there's no pressure when I'm sitting and waiting for the skates to cool down.

I want to heat up the Red foot bed for a short while and then place them in my skates while I stand.

Yeah, you can. Warm it up a tiny bit with a hair drier or heat gun. VERY carefully. Remove them from the skate first. Don't heat while they're in the boot.

The red footbeds shouldn't show too much signs of taking heat. If they're curling or showing deep indents from the rivets or the footbed above it, then they've gotten too hot.

Chances are, you've already heated them sufficiently for what they need to be heated in the baking process.

I feel like I'm a little bit more on my toes. I'm using the same type of holder that was on my Bauer One100s, but I don't think it's any thing too dramatic.

Interesting.

Can anyone weigh theirs and comment how much they have been tipping the scales at?

Zach

Check out post 180 on page 8. Left skate 650 grams and right skate 660 grams.

I'm strongly considering going the custom route with these. I was going to go with the Mako but like the all black boot. What do the guys who have them think of the composite toe box. The toe box scares me. I was thinking of asking if they could do a custom pair with a standard toe box.

The Easton Synergy 1500 had a composite toe cap. Many shredded over time. Can't speak as to whether the VH toecap is similar in construction and I don't think there were ever enough MLX users for that skate to have a relevant sample size for comparison.

I'm strongly considering going the custom route with these. I was going to go with the Mako but like the all black boot. What do the guys who have them think of the composite toe box. The toe box scares me. I was thinking of asking if they could do a custom pair with a standard toe box.

I am in a similar position- Mako or VH? (or maybe Nexus/Graf) I think the Mako will end up being a bit less pricey when all is said and done (because I will be in US over Winter Break and will find a deal on Boxing Day). The question thus becomes whether the VH will provide significantly more comfort for the ball of toe issues I have been having. Style is not a consideration for me- I actually like the look of the Makos; and find the VH to look rather unappealing. Even with color customization; I think the style of VH is just wrong. But, I really do not care; I just want my feet and wallet to both be happy.

Not sure if this video of this kid's goalie skates has been posted yet:

Edited by Cosmic

I definitely want to get a pair. I asked them if they could do a pair for my small freakishly wide feet. I wear a left 4.5 and right 4 easton eq50 EE. I was leaning towards the mako but these. Omg.

He said he could but he would have to put a size 5 246 mm ls2 on it.

All these photos and postings are killing me.

I definitely want to get a pair. I asked them if they could do a pair for my small freakishly wide feet. I wear a left 4.5 and right 4 easton eq50 EE. I was leaning towards the mako but these. Omg.

He said he could but he would have to put a size 5 246 mm ls2 on it.

All these photos and postings are killing me.

Wow. I feel your pain and share your suffering. I have 4.75 & 5.5 EEE ball and A heel with 254 holders, custom TotalOnes. Looking at VHs for my next skates and my sons. Edited by hunterphfr

Wow. I feel your pain and share your suffering. I have 4.75 & 5.5 EEE ball and A heel with 254 holders, custom TotalOnes. Looking at VHs for my next skates and my sons.

Yeah. My sneakers are 7 4E but my feet are really 6 6.5. Everyone saying how great they feel has me saving up for these.

I thought it was interesting he would use a size 5 holder with my feet. My eastons are 240 mm. Tuuk size 4s are 238.

I was considering changing out my easton holders for ls2s because blackedge doesnt make blades for easton in my size. Now i think im going to just go with the vh.

Alright so I've skated in these for the past few weeks and all I have to say is wow. Fit has been great. Had some issues with heel slip but re baked and that's fixed. I've always been a fluid skater I feel like I'm even more so now with the VH skates. The boot itself doesn't feel very stiff but once your all laced up it's unreal. I could skate for hours now where as before an hour ice session would kill my feet to the point I couldn't wait to get off the ice. I changed my profile up a bit but didn't notice to much of a difference. Durability wise I believe these well hold up fine, I got the white accents so obviously these are going to get marked up quicker than black would but the material itself is hardy enough to hold up to abuse. I'm still amazed with what Scott did with 5 measurements and a couple pictures, these skates are identical to my feet in every way. Bottom line I would recommend these to anyone who has had skate issues, I'm extremely happy I took the plunge after 20 years of playing I have skates that fit, what a revelation. They solved all my issues, so much so that before next year I'll probably order another pair of VH's because I won't be skating on anything else. Not really a review just some feedback after some great skates in these.

how are these vs. mako vs. mlx?

By all accounts the VH is a lighter MLX except for the tendon guard, which is fixed in the VH and very mobile in the MLX. The Mako is a refined MLX skate.