Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dstars

Cheap Inline Hockey Skates

For quality and bang for your buck I'd get an old pair of ice skates either of yours or ones you may find on ebay/sidelineswap/used shops and convert them. May be over 100 but doable with less than 200

You can diy with tnuts and machine screws or have a hockey shop do it with rivets.

Here's a decent thread to give you the idea... there are lots more if you search this forum

Personal opinion here, but cost wise you are probably better just buying a pair of rollers. I have no idea if you have a boot already, but even if you do, you still need chassis, wheels, bearings, and on top of it, the t nuts and all that are not dirt cheap either. Add in the time spent doing it, it adds up. I converted a pair of rollers to a spring chassis and it was not as easy as I was lead to believe. I enjoyed doing it, but cost wise...hmmm  

The real problem with the question is what do you mean by good? If you want some super high performance, lightweight, stiff, etc. the answer is you probably can’t find that in your price range. If you want something usable, cheap, and good enough, probably looking for used or a old clearance model of a previous gen skate is realistic 

Remember, fit takes precedence over everything. Saving $50 and getting a boot that does not fit right will come back to haunt you. Good luck

3 minutes ago, specs78 said:

Personal opinion here, but cost wise you are probably better just buying a pair of rollers. I have no idea if you have a boot already, but even if you do, you still need chassis, wheels, bearings, and on top of it, the t nuts and all that are not dirt cheap either. Add in the time spent doing it, it adds up. I converted a pair of rollers to a spring chassis and it was not as easy as I was lead to believe. I enjoyed doing it, but cost wise...hmmm  

I'd respectfully disagree. If you know an older boot fits you well (for example a TotalOne boot), you can buy a pair online for a pretty reasonable price (I'm guessing around 150$). Then convert them to rollers for (once again, guestimating) for 50-100$ and you'd have higher quality skates than roller skates that cost 250$ unless you can find older and used roller skates, but from my experience, its been pretty tough to pull off finding older high end roller skates in good condition.

Sure. But that puts you at 2.5x his budget. The cost of the conversion alone goes over budget. I actually agree with your take is a better value in the long run. But I don’t think it is cheaper 

3 minutes ago, specs78 said:

Sure. But that puts you at 2.5x his budget. The cost of the conversion alone goes over budget. I actually agree with your take is a better value in the long run. But I don’t think it is cheaper 

Yeah for sure, I've just been saying bang for your buck the whole time. May cost 2.5X the budget but you'll get much more than 2.5X the skate.

Depends on what parts you already have. 

I had bearings, wheels, and a chassis from an old pair of blades I broke so it only cost me $60 for a used ice boot and $15 for the tnuts and screws at homedepot. Plus my time...

You could also buy an old pair of blades to take the chassis, wheels, and bearings from even if they don't fit you for quite cheap and put those on a different boot