Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

CCM HP30 vs vs CCM HP45 CCM HP70 Pants?

3 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

What, if any, are the main differences between the CCM HP30 vs CCM HP45 CCM HP70 Pants? 

I have Jersey Devils HP 70 Pro Stock. More of a Traditional "Old School" Pant with the lower rib protector upper and only two lace eyelets in the front of the pants.

HP30 have full lacing in the front and the taller lower back protection. HP 45s seem to be pretty close to the 30s. They all have zippered thighs. I also have a pair of LA Kings Purple Pro Stock UCPs. They have the higher spine/lower back protection. My HP 70s do not have material behind the thigh zippers but the UCPs do. I prefer the fit of the HP 70s.

I don't know anything about the HP 30's, but I just got some HP45's.  HP45 run small, so you would likely want to order a size up from what you normally wear.  For example I was wearing large Warrior Hustlers, but my HP45's are XL +1.  The pants are very lightweight, and the padding is less than my old Warriors.  I believe the HP 70's are heavier and beefier than the 45's.  I don't think the HP70's have laces in the front.  

HP45's have zippered thighs with material behind, as well as a zipper to add +1" in length.   

21 hours ago, Giraffe14 said:

I don't know anything about the HP 30's, but I just got some HP45's.  HP45 run small, so you would likely want to order a size up from what you normally wear.  For example I was wearing large Warrior Hustlers, but my HP45's are XL +1.  The pants are very lightweight, and the padding is less than my old Warriors.  I believe the HP 70's are heavier and beefier than the 45's.  I don't think the HP70's have laces in the front.  

HP45's have zippered thighs with material behind, as well as a zipper to add +1" in length.   

Is that true?? I heard they are fairly large...for example, I’m a 32” waist and was under impression L HP45 would be huge. 

4 hours ago, Dangles83 said:

Is that true?? I heard they are fairly large...for example, I’m a 32” waist and was under impression L HP45 would be huge. 

I'm 6'2" & 200 lbs, with a 34-36" waist.  The XL +1 fit me perfect. It probably depends on how you like your pants to fit. 

The uppers fit more snug on me than my large Warrior Hustlers, and the sizing is similar to my large Bauer Nexus pants from a couple years ago. 

I echo that the HP45s fit both snugger and shorter than say the Bauer Supreme/Nexus.  The +1 zipper extension might be enough length  for some people.  

The tailbone protection is especially beefier than the aforementioned Bauers but they are extremely lightweight