Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
marka

Sticks sorted by weight?

Howdy,

30 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

ADV > SherWood EK365 = 1XL = TRUE A6.0 > one of the Warrior sticks > most other high end sticks

in terms of lighter to heavier

I'm interested more in the middle tier of $150-ish sticks.

Mark

One thing to keep in mind is that the balance of a stick can greatly impact the perceived weight of a stick. If 2 sticks weigh the same then the one with better balance for your preferred curve/length/tape job will "feel" lighter in your hands.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

One thing to keep in mind is that the balance of a stick can greatly impact the perceived weight of a stick. If 2 sticks weigh the same then the one with better balance for your preferred curve/length/tape job will "feel" lighter in your hands.

This ^

True has a whole page on their site talking about balance point and swing weight. 

https://www.true-hockey.com/swing-weight/

Exactly what Chippa said. I have seen too many times customers be gram searching and overlook many other important features when choosing their sticks. Simply having the lightest stick in your price point isn't the best way to shop. I have had sticks gram weight lighter than others but feel heavier due to poor balance. 

Howdy,

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Sure, I appreciate that.  Still, its nice to know when one stick is 420 grams and another is 480 or whatever.

As a dumb example, While playing I can certainly tell the difference in weight between a 2016 A4.5SBP and an AK27SL.

Mark