Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRupp13

Getzlaf pro stock warrior sticks

Ok who can tell me if my pro stock getzlaf sticks are  actually qrl or if they are hd1 sticks dressed as qrl? 

Reason I'm asking is prostockhockey.com has sticks again but now they say hd1 dressed as qrl and I don't want to buy one and wind up with a different stick that I don't necessarily like. 

It 100% had a different fuse point than a stock qrl. The taper on the bottom of the shaft is much less than the production dagger taper. 

Here's the markings on the sticks. 

http://imgur.com/JlTKWzQ

Thanks! 

Chris

That stick is not either a QRL or HD1. T4 is true one piece mid-kick and the QRL portion is “new materials, lighter”

So, for example: T4QRL would be a true one-piece mid kick stick made with new materials and a lightened blade

10 hours ago, 60PlusWinger said:

That stick is not either a QRL or HD1. T4 is true one piece mid-kick and the QRL portion is “new materials, lighter”

So, for example: T4QRL would be a true one-piece mid kick stick made with new materials and a lightened blade

Very interesting information! Thanks for that!

2 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

If there is a fuse point how can it be a true one piece?  

More info here...  

I am 1000 percent correct. This is information from a Pro rep that just built sticks for a friend of mine who is also a pro. If it is fused it is an F4. The information isn’t flawed, maybe what you think is fuse point is simply where the paint finish changes. 

Shaft constructions

F4: Fused, mid kick

T3: True one-piece, low kick

T4: True one-piece, mid kick

G3: Low fused tapered .520 shaft/blade, mid kick (different flex profile than F4/T4 though)

Blade constructions / Stick materials

L: Light blade kit (lighter foams)

R: Ribs in blade (makes blade slightly stiffer)

N: Reinforced neck / hosel

LR: See above

LRN: See above

QR: New materials (superseded L/R/N construction, more durable)

QRL: New materials, lighter

QRX: New materials, extra stiff blade

Blade stiffness options: Soft, regular, stiff, x-stiff

He essentially told me that there is no such thing as a pro version of a retail stick. The constructions and materials are completely different. (e.g. "QR" has nothing to do with the covert QR1/QRL). Also, I asked about the "X-stitch" blade (of Kovalchuk fame), and he said they don't make it anymore because of durability concerns.

Also, a note on indicated flex: If a stick is ordered at a custom length (anything other than 60"), the indicated flex is the flex AT THAT LENGTH. Therefore, if you order a stick at 55" length and 75 flex, it will be just as whippy uncut as an uncut 60" 75 flex stick. If you were to cut down the 60" stick to 55", it would be stiffer than the 55" stick. Essentially, in pro stock sticks Warrior fine tunes the flex to the custom length of the stick; it's not just an extension or a cut shaft.

2 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

If you call them or hit them up on snapchat they'll check the build codes for you as well. Make sure you're truly getting what you want

I messaged them through the website and Shawn an operations manager who I've dealt with previously came back right away and confirmed the code on the sticks in stock is the same as the one that I have on my stick. So that makes me feel better about purchasing a new stick!

18 hours ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Pretty sure this is the code on the Eaves pro stock sticks I got from the Dallas Stars sale a while back that are white but made to look like a Warrior QRL.  Thanks for sharing the list below too, now I know what I have (I liked the stick before knowing, but it is kind of cool to know & the stick is the lightest one I have had the pleasure of playing with for sure). The 90 flex stamped on it is pretty solid for me too, overall I am very happy with the purchase.

On 4/7/2018 at 10:47 AM, ParabolicActivity said:

Is it just me or do his sticks have the closest thing to zero rocker of any hockey blade?

The Eaves ones are pretty flat on the bottom, its an odd shaped toe too.  I cut a couple inches of the top & the adjustment to the flat rocker & the odd toe was fairly quick.