Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Circa6683

Bauer speed plates 2.0 release date?

Any word on if Bauer plans to address the durability?  I have had 2 pairs crack on me.  Both are still usable as the crack is small and i covered it in tape to help prevent spreading but I would love to buy a new pair and not have them crack again...

10 minutes ago, matix218 said:

Any word on if Bauer plans to address the durability?  I have had 2 pairs crack on me.  Both are still usable as the crack is small and i covered it in tape to help prevent spreading but I would love to buy a new pair and not have them crack again...

Yes

35 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

I got my hands on a demo pair recently to look at and didn't really notice many changes other than colors and they seem a little more comfortable 

11 minutes ago, matix218 said:

Just now, JR Boucicaut said:

Yes

Just a guess, but I would figure thats why they don't look much different. 

3 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I got my hands on a demo pair recently to look at and didn't really notice many changes other than colors and they seem a little more comfortable 

Did you notice if the 2.0 are lighter? 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

.. they barely weigh anything as it is... 

They’re noticeably heavier than Superfeet. I know it doesn’t really make a difference, I just wanna know if the new SP’s are lighter. 

9 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

They focused on comfort, durability as well as more support, especially in the arch.  

Good to hear. Thanks! 

44 minutes ago, Shogun said:

They’re noticeably heavier than Superfeet. I know it doesn’t really make a difference, I just wanna know if the new SP’s are lighter. 

They feel the same weight as the current model. 

I will likely be buying these.  I loved the originals (how they lock your foot in place).  Only downsides were they didnt add much comfort (just thin fabric over hard plastic) and they had durability issues.  If those items are addressed and they retain their ability to lock in your foot these will be perfect.

1 minute ago, matix218 said:

I will likely be buying these.  I loved the originals (how they lock your foot in place).  Only downsides were they didnt add much comfort (just thin fabric over hard plastic) and they had durability issues.  If those items are addressed and they retain their ability to lock in your foot these will be perfect.

One of the guys I play with baked them and then dipped the SP in a thing of rubber to coat them. It added a little weight but made them even gripper and more comfortable. This is purely based on what he told me. I never tried this myself. 

13 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

They feel the same weight as the current model. 

Thanks. I might have to buy a pair when they’re released. 

14 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

One of the guys I play with baked them and then dipped the SP in a thing of rubber to coat them. It added a little weight but made them even gripper and more comfortable. This is purely based on what he told me. I never tried this myself. 

Huh, interesting idea.  Hopefully the new ones have something to address the comfort issue.

Damn. I've just received a new pair having noticed long cracks in one of my old ones. They lasted a year which is acceptable in my view given the benefit they provide. I skated 5-6 hours each week. 

On 4/10/2018 at 4:18 PM, matix218 said:

Huh, interesting idea.  Hopefully the new ones have something to address the comfort issue.

Mine are very comfortable, what's wrong with them?

On 09/04/2018 at 7:45 PM, matix218 said:

I examined one yesterday. They are very different to the old ones. The plastic is black, and at least twice as thick, maybe more, which presumably improves durability. Also they have a thin layer of padding on top, apart from the front toe area, which should improve comfort, although mine are very comfy. My only concern is that the increased thickness will reduce the skate depth, which might make lace bite more likely, hopefully not. Other than that, I’m sure they will be good. I’m a huge fan of the originals even though my first pair only lasted 1 year. 

• Like 1

According to the manager in my  pure hockey store they won’t be for sale individually for at least a couple months still.  They JUST got in the S2 skates which include these and only limited sizes so probably won’t see them for a little while.  I will say they are way better just from a feel.  They only had a 9, I need a 7, or I would have thrown it in my skates to see how it feels with them in, but just from feeling them, they are flexible carbon not hard plastic.  They seem indestructable to be honest.  The ball area back to the midfoot has a slightly raised area that’s softer and should increase comfort and feel.  It’s designed to put the forefoot more towards the Top of the skate to eliminate negative space.  I doubt it will cause lace bite because of where it’s located.  It’s not going to. Raise the heel or midfoot to cause it to come up enough to hit that bend.  

I had to replace mine so I got a current set for now.  When the new ones come out I’m going to try them in my skates and if they work great but by then the current versions will be discounted more so if they don’t then I’ll stock up.  

4 hours ago, psulion22 said:

Speedplate 2.0 goes on sale individually on 6/21, fyi.

They're already available here. I saw them at the Hockey Experts store at the Rockland Mall in Montreal.

That site isn't offering them for sale, just listing them on the site.  I saw on Ice Warehouse that they are in preorders for release on June 21.  Maybe Canada got them early, or that store put them out before they should have?