Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Boston vs Toronto

Boston vs Toronto  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

You know how it goes: unless you've been to playoffs, you don't know how to react to it. Couple that with more concentration on team D, superstars need more help to be super.

And Matthews doesn't really have the benefit of veteran examples to really learn from that a guy like DeBrusk does in the Boston room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

And Matthews doesn't really have the benefit of veteran examples to really learn from that a guy like DeBrusk does in the Boston room.

I think that was the goal with bringing Marleau in, but I'm not sure he's the right type of guy to be expecting that from. 

18 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I think that was the goal with bringing Marleau in, but I'm not sure he's the right type of guy to be expecting that from. 

Not the first guy I think of when think of grizzled playoff vets. I think Jack Eichl has really suffered not having that.

It doesn’t get mentioned much, but Marty Lapointe was huge in Patrice Bergerons’ development. Mark Reechi helped guide that 2011 team to a cup.

If the Bruins came out in the first like they did in the third then they would have blown the Leafs out of the building. They need to start the game with that kind of urgency.

That game was great for the first two periods but then they went into some kind of poorly executed defensive mode which was not exactly a good idea. Freddy was the difference and glad they were able to hang on. 

Really liked their chances in this series, however, not liking their chances in game 7. Boston really needed to put this series away in game 5. They are different then the Julien led teams but they still lack that killer instinct. 

I don't care for Wingels with Krejci and DeBrusk. I would much prefer Rick Nash or Donato on that line. How many plays last night died because Wingels can't match the skill of the other two? He is a nice plugger but shouldn't be riding on the second line. And if Krug pounds one more shot into shin pads I'm going to personally go down there and revoke his shooting privileges.

7 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I don't care for Wingels with Krejci and DeBrusk. I would much prefer Rick Nash or Donato on that line. How many plays last night died because Wingels can't match the skill of the other two? He is a nice plugger but shouldn't be riding on the second line. And if Krug pounds one more shot into shin pads I'm going to personally go down there and revoke his shooting privileges.

it astounds me how many bruins miss the net on a consistent basis. I watched Pasta put 4 wide on one shift last night

They're trying to be too fine given how Andersen has played the last couple of games.

Edit: I owe it to the guy to get his name correct.

Edited by chippa13

A young team got farther than even their coach expected in this series. They add a little veteran presence on the blue line and get another year older and they'll make a push next year.

DeBrusk really showed something in this series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

What a crap ending to a great series. 

Being down 3-1 and turn around to force a game 7 and control most of that game is no small task. Yeah it stings right now but overall, the Leafs really showed something.