Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia

Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pittsburgh Penguins (M2) vs. Philadelphia Flyers (M3)

Wednesday, April 11, 7pm: Flyers @ Penguins | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Friday, April 13, 7pm: Flyers @ Penguins | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Sunday, April 15, 3pm: Penguins @ Flyers | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Wednesday, April 18, 7pm: Penguins @ Flyers | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Friday, April 20, TBD: Flyers @ Penguins | TBD

*Sunday, April 22, TBD: Penguins @ Flyers | TBD

*Tuesday, April 24, TBD: Flyers @ Penguins | TBD

Yea, I can't see the Flyers getting swept. Should the Pens win the series? I think so. One must not forget that the Pens have questions in goal and as fantastic as they are at Consol, they are a beatable team on the road. I see this series going to 6 games.

Howdy,

I don't imagine this is going to be a "fight all the time" series.

Pgh hasn't recalled Sestito.  :-)

Mark

• Like 1

Howdy,

Bunch of missed chances by the Pens.  Particularly the one Crosby missed at the end of the 2nd period.  That goes in 99.5 times out of 100.

I don't get the embellishment call on Hornqvist.  That seemed blatantly bad.

I can't make up my mind on the Giroux hit on Letang.  In slow motion it looks like he looks over his shoulder, see's what's going to happen, and then jumps/moves to make the hit harder, but slow motion lies so ??  It'll be interesting to see if the league looks at it.

Mark

The call on Hornqvist was spot on. He made no contact with head and boards and tossed his head back like he had. I immediately called that a flop at the sports bar before any replay. 

• Like 3

Howdy,

7 hours ago, chippa13 said:

The call on Hornqvist was spot on. He made no contact with head and boards and tossed his head back like he had. I immediately called that a flop at the sports bar before any replay. 

Yeah, not sure I really agree with that.  At the time it sure looked like his head hit the glass.  And in the replays I just watched it looked like his head hit the glass.  Maybe he sells it a little?  I dunno.  I still think 2 minutes is bullshit even if he did sell it a bit.

Mark

20 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Yeah, not sure I really agree with that.  At the time it sure looked like his head hit the glass.  And in the replays I just watched it looked like his head hit the glass.  Maybe he sells it a little?  I dunno.  I still think 2 minutes is bullshit even if he did sell it a bit.

Mark

That was a great call by the stripes. If you don't like Hornqvist's penalty, McDonald shouldn't have been called for cross-checking. Both assessed penalties were correct. I was surprised that Hornqvist was called in the first place but no way one can say that wasn't embellishment. At least if you call yourself objective.

The hit on letang looked unavoidable to me. Crosby pushed giroux into letangs path. Even if he does look back, what is he going to do in a split second to avoid a collision while moving backwards? 

4 hours ago, Stewie said:

The hit on letang looked unavoidable to me. Crosby pushed giroux into letangs path. Even if he does look back, what is he going to do in a split second to avoid a collision while moving backwards? 

Totally agree. The result sucks but it was purely accidental IMO. 

THAT SAID... they do punish players for accidental high sticking. I wonder if they’ll ever move towards penalizing other accidental plays. Probably too much of a slippery slope to even go that direction. 

Not surprised by the series record. The better team is winning. What Flyers fans and management need to see is that over-valuing your own players is no good. The likes of Matt Read and Jori Lethera should not be getting ice time in the playoffs. That it isn't ALWAYS the goalie's fault but the fault of those in charge of putting the team together. We'll see what happens in the offseason. Carter Hart MAY be the real thing. He's a prospect until he isn't. Focus on drafting and developing young talent that mimics TODAY'S NHL. Time to wake up and take off the Orange and Black shades...

The fact that the Flyers go up 4-2 and end up losing 8-5 just shows the difference between the two teams. On a bum MCL, Couturier shows up when the team needs him the most. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for some of the other "key" figureheads. And to add insult to injury, what's up with the beer can throwers? You've never been to a game where your team loses? And then turn around and give the team a standing-O? Embarrassing if you ask me...

I wonder if Giroux would have had a DPOS call on the Hagelin hit if the Flyers hadn't been eliminated. He definitely appeared to raise up and obviously Hagelin was leaking from the mouth.

1 hour ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

The fact that the Flyers go up 4-2 and end up losing 8-5 just shows the difference between the two teams. On a bum MCL, Couturier shows up when the team needs him the most. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for some of the other "key" figureheads. And to add insult to injury, what's up with the beer can throwers? You've never been to a game where your team loses? And then turn around and give the team a standing-O? Embarrassing if you ask me...

I got a kick out of Crosby's comments after the game: "Those things were full. What a waste." 

• Like 5