Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
60PlusWinger

Good luck with the 1X Lite Stick?

Just wondering if you 1X Lite people are having good luck with the stick. Right before the release Of the stick I heard some good things in terms of performance but after reading some reviews It seems like the sticks weight took the durability away. I spoke to a guy at Bauer who essentially said the only thing different was foam removal and a layer of CF to shave weight. 

I haven't had good luck, play 2-3 times a week . Top tier beer league, blade went crackly and soft/ feels off . Took about a month  - month and a half at most  . Maybe a fluke... dunno

Edited by ChrisS8899

Felt like a dead fish, less pop version of the APX2 to me.

Thin tapers (Dagger, QRT, etc) are complete nonsense.

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cavs019 said:

Felt like a dead fish, less pop version of the APX2 to me.

What about the Elliptical?

Seemed fine I guess and helped with torquing to some degree. 

FWIW I’ve never seen a pro stock QR1 or QRL with the retail taper. Not sure if a code even exists with that spec. 

T3QR matches my retail QRL taper. T4 is a more traditional one that's a bit thicker 

Edited by tcraig
stupid autocorrect

16 hours ago, tcraig said:

T3QR matches my retail QRL taper. T4 is a more traditional one that's a bit thicker 

That’s because T4 is Warriors one piece mid kick. I had an APX2, don’t remember it but but I also have used 1XSE, 1X pro stocks as well as retail 1X first gens. I did notice a difference in the 16 1X which felt easier to load and had good pop with little effort, love the puck feel of the 1X but I’ve never tried the Lite. I mainly didn’t bother because of how short the lifespan is rumored to be. Light weight isn’t enough for me. 

Broke mine in around 6 games. Took a slash on the bottom of the stick and it snapped in the top 1/3 of my stick.

It's light which is nice but it felt unbalanced in how light the bottom of the stick + blade was. All it did was essentially take away from puck feel and I had a tough time controlling the puck with the stick.

Regular 1x was so much better and I definitely wouldn't grab another one. I've switched to 1S since but the toe on that busted within 4 games. The only thing really holding me to Bauer right now is the P14 curve but I'm at the point where I'm willing to take a flyer on another brand. I'm thinking it's the perfect time to jump ship to CCM when the new Jetspeed comes out... Hopefully the Parise is similar enough..

On 4/16/2018 at 6:47 PM, jbyun04 said:

Broke mine in around 6 games. Took a slash on the bottom of the stick and it snapped in the top 1/3 of my stick.

It's light which is nice but it felt unbalanced in how light the bottom of the stick + blade was. All it did was essentially take away from puck feel and I had a tough time controlling the puck with the stick.

Regular 1x was so much better and I definitely wouldn't grab another one. I've switched to 1S since but the toe on that busted within 4 games. The only thing really holding me to Bauer right now is the P14 curve but I'm at the point where I'm willing to take a flyer on another brand. I'm thinking it's the perfect time to jump ship to CCM when the new Jetspeed comes out... Hopefully the Parise is similar enough..

What do you mean the toe busted on the 1S? I thought that Jelly was supposed to keep that blade fresh for a “long time”. Loved the 16 1X and 1st gen 1N. Just picked up a new retail 1N 2nd gen for half price so I’ll see how that performs and holds up

The renew core insert is just in the middle of the blade and doesn't come near to the toe.  To answer your previous question I play B/C level.  I still stand by the performance of the 1X Lite for me.  I think it is has better puck feel than the previous 1X and for me better durability.  

On 4/15/2018 at 4:46 PM, Cavs019 said:

Can you expand on this? I generally don't follow the "tech" in sticks because so much of it is made up words describing made up things. 

What is wrong with dagger tapers as compared to other low kick sticks? 

On 4/13/2018 at 10:50 PM, ChrisS8899 said:

I haven't had good luck, play 2-3 times a week . Top tier beer league, blade went crackly and soft/ feels off . Took about a month  - month and a half at most  . Maybe a fluke... dunno

Same here for the most part, actually. The blade on mine seems okay, and the stick itself has held up well enough after about six months of use, but the stick's pop seemed to only last for about a month. If it weren't for the fact that it's so light, it'd be nearly useless on the ice, though I'd gladly trade some of the weight for longer lasting performance. I won't be buying another one, for sure.

In fact, as much as I used to love Bauer, it seems like a lot of their retail products have really dropped off in quality over the last four or five years.  Strongly considering seeking greener pastures with other brands, but I digress.

Edited by Burning Bear

On 4/19/2018 at 9:37 AM, 60PlusWinger said:

What do you mean the toe busted on the 1S? I thought that Jelly was supposed to keep that blade fresh for a “long time”. Loved the 16 1X and 1st gen 1N. Just picked up a new retail 1N 2nd gen for half price so I’ll see how that performs and holds up

The toe split open. The blade itself is amazing.