Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dstars

Uncomfortable Elbow pads

I've had two sets of elbow pads so far, and both of them were very itchy. i have to wear long sleeves, but i see guys all the time going shirtless for hockey. does anyone have a recommendation for comfortable elbow pads? 

You’re better off in long sleeves. You’ll be much cooler (unless you are going to not wear a shirt at all, which is going to make your stuff stink)

Howdy,

I've got a set of Reebok 11k elbows that I've always found comfortable.  I think the modern equivalent is the CCM Tacks stuff.

That said, I've never had an "itchy" problem with the handful of elbows I've tried.  It's only been pinching...

I wear a short sleeve shirt, so my elbows are against bare skin.  I've got no desire for a long sleeve undershirt, but some guys seem to like it.  If it helps with the itching problem you're having... Why not just keep doing that?

Mark

I wear a long sleeve baselayer shirt with my Tacks elbow pads, it works for me well. It's breathable and wicks away sweat so my gear doesn't get soaked.

The forearm velcro on my Joffas tore the hell out of my forearms. I put moleskin on the velcro that doesn't get used (and was rubbing my skin). I also started using long sleeves after that.

The moleskin solved the problem, but i ended up liking the long sleeves so much I've continued wearing them. If you really want to ditch the long sleeves maybe moleskin will help your issue.

Target, in the U.S., sells significantly large rolls of it for cheap.

What kind of pads you have? I have a pair of vapor x100 that are the same way when dry but after a shift they are soaked and it’s not an issue

I like the Super Tacks elbows... really comfortable and I’m extremely picky about elbow pads (and all pads for that matter, lol).  

That yellow Warrior shit makes me itch like crazy.  I don't know what the OP is using, but I'll say that it's possible that some materials can bother some people.