Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
eastside

Roller Hockey Pants - What do you currently use

Hi All,  just wanted to get your opinion on what roller hockey pants you use at the moment, if they are good, or ones to stay away from.  Also do you use tape or no tape around the shins.  Ive been through a few especially the tapered models which have ripped at the knees without much use.  Back in the day durability seemed a lot better but now most companies are going for the lightweight breathable stuff.  If anyone has any suggestions for a good solid pant please feel free to comment.

I use the Valken V-Pro and knockoff Tron V-pro pants. The knees are articulated and very tough so they don't rip. I only had a pair the Tron versions rip near the fly because I washed them with the zipper open and Velcro undone. As long as you zip the pants up and do up the Velcro before washing,  this isn't a problem. Those pants aren't being made anymore so aren't easy to find,  but I have a small stockpile in different colours. I am curious to see what others are using today and which models are durable. 

I use the Mission Inhaler NLS2 pants. I've only been using them for a couple of months but they've held up well. There is no zipper but it does come with a drawstring. I like that because I could get baggier pants and know I could actually keep them around my waist haha. I wear shin sleeves (due to officiating) and tape my pants (due to being used to ice hockey socks). 

For outdoor i have an old pair of tours that are built like tanks.  Indoor i have a pair of ac2 missions.  Love the missions but dont seem to hold up as well as my old tours or black biscuits.

Hanging on to a torn to shreds RBK 4k inline pant. What is similar to the RBK line? I know CCM was making their stuff anyway but nothing current feels like the rbk line of inline equipment. 

Mission Soldier pants, had them since 2010/11 in plain black........love them! They are still in great condition except for the velcro shin strap. Also got some really old retro/vintage Mission pants that are huge, even for me! White and blue they are but can't remember what they are called, had the huge nylon panel on the front of the knee shin part.

I tape mine with clear parcel tape.

I’ve been using Mission pants for a few years now. I’m currently in the NLS3 pants and am pretty happy with them. They have great ventilation but do have a few holes in them. Other than that they’ve held up pretty well.