Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Playmakersedge

BOTAS Hockey Skates - LARGO 571 PRO - FLEX FENDERS TECHNOLOGY

Hi all , I reached out to Botas to buy a pair of there skates after seeing them in pics on line . The sizing was very simple;  stand on paper trace your feet then measure the two longest points . You take that number and go to the sizing table and pick your size.. The boot runs wide . The skates can be ordered with no blades so the holder of your preference can be installed. My skates I have the Botas blade holder with there best steel . They arived , opened the box and each skate was wrapped in paper , the boot had a introductory manual and a warrnty  card , i examined the stitching, the centering of the blades then i put the laces in and noticed the laces felt more substantial then many factory laces.  The blades were sharpened . The blade holder looks identical to the tuuk custom but higher in the heel .  Putting the skates on you have to work to get the heel home in the pocket. There is lots of ankle padding. The heel seated and the skates laced and tightened the foot is wrapped nicely.  I then set the sharpener up and put a 5/8" hallow.  

The next day I go to a public skating session put them on and go on the ice . With in 3-4 strides I felt home on the skates.  I am so happy with them .  What I didn't do is pick up the insoles to see if there is access to the runner fastener to see if the steels can be replaced with out removing the holder  . I'm very impressed with the skates . 

I'm always interested in Czech or Slovak goods because of my family's heritage.

If you do ever pop the insole or the steel out post up a pic I'd be interested to see if it is fastened in the holder like the old Custom+.

Did they have markings saying they were made in the Czech Republic? Just curious if they are coming from their shoe factory in the country. 

YouTube hockey reviewers will make videos for any companies that will give them free stuff to review. 

Flex fenders technology sounds like a random buzz word you tag onto a product. 

Edited by Stewie

9 minutes ago, Stewie said:

YouTube hockey reviewers will make videos for any companies that will give them free stuff to review. 

Flex fenders technology sounds like a random buzz word you tag onto a product. 

His are some of the most obvious, too. 

On 26/04/2018 at 3:33 AM, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Simply pay and they make the video. Anywhere from 2000 to 5000. 

Do you have evidence to back up that statement? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

I don’t see what justified the insulting icon on my post. You made an accusation, so it’s reasonable to ask for evidence. Why does that justify an insult? What was the video you asked him to make about/for? 

Listen. I simply made a statement about my expiernece with Hockey Tutorial. I put the confused thing on your post as I am confused now why I am being grilled when I answered the question. Talk to Chris. Simply go on his YouTube channel you can see my video there. Hes a decent guy but a business man. He charges to make videos it's that simple. 

2 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Listen. I simply made a statement about my expiernece with Hockey Tutorial. I put the confused thing on your post as I am confused now why I am being grilled when I answered the question. Talk to Chris. Simply go on his YouTube channel you can see my video there. Hes a decent guy but a business man. He charges to make videos it's that simple. 

You aren’t being grilled. It was a perfectly fair request when somebody makes a statement like that.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

You aren’t being grilled. It was a perfectly fair request when somebody makes a statement like that.

Not sure what you mean by your comment but pretty I have answered the question.  

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Hi, no you’re not being grilled, but I would appreciate some clarification as what you wrote could mean several things. Your comment suggested that he will ‘review’ a product for a fee, unless I misunderstood you. I have always assumed his reviews are not paid for ie they are trustworthy. I believe in Canada and maybe America a web site must declare any financial sponsorship, not sure about the UK. 

Chris has loads of videos, so there’s no way I can know which is yours. Was it a product review for a product that you make or distribute? As I’ve said, you’re not being grilled, or attacked, just being gently prompted for some details. Thanks. :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

Edited by Leif

6 hours ago, Leif said:

Hi, no you’re not being grilled, but I would appreciate some clarification as what you wrote could mean several things. Your comment suggested that he will ‘review’ a product for a fee, unless I misunderstood you. I have always assumed his reviews are not paid for ie they are trustworthy. I believe in Canada and maybe America a web site must declare any financial sponsorship, not sure about the UK. 

Chris has loads of videos, so there’s no way I can know which is yours. Was it a product review for a product that you make or distribute? As I’ve said, you’re not being grilled, or attacked, just being gently prompted for some details. Thanks. :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

Leif,

You're brief comment seemed to be more of an attack.  And yes if you want a product reviewed ahead of time he has to do it that will cost you. If its product or cash. Mine was a promo for my business. TOP GEAR CANADA. The premis never got completely done as wanted as he lost/had stolen (cant remeber what he had said) the memory card for al the drone shots. Not sure how that works either. He had told me originally he did all reviews at no cost but the editing and so on was costly so he had to charge something. 

Sounded pretty fair to me more of the time to edit the film then to actually review it  Also seems pretty honest on most I have seen. 

Hope that clarifies. 

• Like 1

All those third party review videos are the same. 

everybody will tell you whatever they just got for free is the best product they've ever used 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Leif,

You're brief comment seemed to be more of an attack.  And yes if you want a product reviewed ahead of time he has to do it that will cost you. If its product or cash. Mine was a promo for my business. TOP GEAR CANADA. The premis never got completely done as wanted as he lost/had stolen (cant remeber what he had said) the memory card for al the drone shots. Not sure how that works either. He had told me originally he did all reviews at no cost but the editing and so on was costly so he had to charge something. 

Sounded pretty fair to me more of the time to edit the film then to actually review it  Also seems pretty honest on most I have seen. 

Hope that clarifies. 

Okay, thanks, appreciated. I’m not sure how my original comment sounded like an attack, it sounded like you were saying Chris does reviews for payment, which was a rather strong statement, so I asked for clarification. I can see that this is a grey area, he clearly has expenses, but I’m not sure I am happy with the idea that he charges you, and others, for a review. In my view, he should not charge you, and he should make the money from people viewing his review. Maybe this is rather idealistic, and not how internet reviews work. :laugh: 

As an aside, I was once sent a pair of binoculars to review. I did the review, which was honest, then asked for the return address. I was told to keep them, so I gave them to a charity shop to sell on. I felt uncomfortable keeping them, as it would indicate corruption, or bias. I know many binocular reviewers are sent on paid trips to nice places to do the review. :blink: Maybe that is the ‘way of the world’. 

• Like 1