Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
60PlusWinger

Anyone here planning on getting a 2N Stick?

19 hours ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Same blade... buddy 

It has the same blade core but a number of differences. A simple look at the blade will show you that they have different weaves. Anyway, my post had heavy emphasis on what I found and was based on my preferences, as I stated. You seemed confused about the difference between the two sticks so do a Google search... buddy. 

15 minutes ago, gdl188 said:

It has the same blade core but a number of differences. A simple look at the blade will show you that they have different weaves. Anyway, my post had heavy emphasis on what I found and was based on my preferences, as I stated. You seemed confused about the difference between the two sticks so do a Google search... buddy. 

Please tell me more about your expertise and then once you’ve worked for Division I NCAA men’s hockey team as an equipment manager dealing with professionals after your time there you come talk to me about sticks ... buddy

Just now, Buzz_LightBeer said:

You sure ask a lot of questions for someone who purportedly knows all the answers. 

Beat me to it.

31 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

You sure ask a lot of questions for someone who purportedly knows all the answers. 

One cannot learn by avoiding questions and there is no such thing as a dumb one. The question is also whether or not the question in question is asked to seek factual information or an opinion.  There is also saying that one should never assume.   Maybe you should ask yourself the question of whether or not I ask dumb questions because I know I will get dumb answers.  Regardless of your thoughts my resume is still my resume and your opinion is still your opinion which is based off of extremely limited amount of content. Others without a chip on their shoulder or an extreme affection for pro stock forums may think differently.  most of all no one likes a lieutenant that knows it because he read it in the book without any application in the real world. You have some things to ask yourself mister have a lot of questions.

• Facepalm 1

Look, I am no former Div 1 equipment manger, but I am quick enough to figure a few things out.

First, Div 1 players are not professionals....yet.

Second, you started this thread asking about the 2N, then proceed to correct people.  

Finally, no need to be an ass when someone disagrees or counters you. Agree to disagree or debate the point with facts. Waving your resume around doesn't prove or disprove anything. A quick search of the two sticks shows there are some key differences between the two. If you have inside knowledge that counters those claims, please by all means, share.

Edited by stick9
  • Like 2

Anyone here planning on getting a 2N stick is the thread stick9. Not “tell me about the 2N/2NPro stick.” I disagreed with ONE thing and that was when someone said the blade was “super dampened”. Then he defended it by saying it was the 2N stick and I said that it was the same blade... it is the same blade with a different weave but essentially the same blade. That is it. Don’t paint this picture like I’ve been jumping down everyone’s throat with corrections. NCAA players are not pros but when a forum Warrior gets sassy with me that’s why I said what I said and the. buzz comes flying in from Infiniti and beyond to put lighter fluid on the fire. This is getting way too off topic.

40 minutes ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Regardless of your thoughts my resume is still my resume and your opinion is still your opinion which is based off of extremely limited amount of content. 

I, for one, don’t care how many jocks you laundered at Donald Duck University. There are many people on this site who know a lot more than you. You’ve talked to reps who sell products and technology, I’ve talked to the people who designed those products and technologies. I’ve sharpened the skates of players with their names on Lord Stanley’s Cup, but I dont feel the need to be a prick about it. Theres no need to come here looking down your nose. Contribute all the useful knowledge you have without belittling those who disagree. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

I, for one, don’t care how many jocks you laundered at Donald Duck University. There are many people on this site who know a lot more than you. You’ve talked to reps who sell products and technology, I’ve talked to the people who designed those products and technologies. I’ve sharpened the skates of players with their names on Lord Stanley’s Cup, but I dont feel the need to be a prick about it. Theres no need to come here looking down your nose. Contribute all the useful knowledge you have without belittling those who disagree. 

I didn’t ask you if you cared nor did I ask for your approval. Nothing about what I said was aimed at being a prick or polishing trophies but also don’t assume that my experience is limited to reps running their mouths about products to put in a trash teams locker room. There comes a time though when my patience runs thin with the forum know it all’s as they run short with me. Of course many know much more than me. I am always learning but far from a knowledgeless forum troll which is assumed because some don’t like my posts. 

I still stand by my two original points - 

1. that the 2N stick has a damped puck feel. I have spoken to many who think the same as me about this stick (and about Bauer's current crop of blades as a whole, regardless of line, although I have not tried a Vapor in years). I gave my opinion based on my preference, as I stated I was doing, and provided a comparison for reference. If you disagree with both assessments then so be it. This is a 2N thread so I posted my experience with the subject of this thread (the 2N stick) in the hopes of helping others. 

2. that the 2N is a different stick than the 2N Pro and that they have different blades. They also have different features throughout the entire stick which can contribute to differing puck feel even if the same exact blade was used but this point may cause massive controversy amongst a certain buddy of mine. 

And bonus point number three would be that I am much more coherent than whatever my buddy is spewing. I think he needs to go back and take some courses at college he allegedly worked for. 

Appreciate all the good folks jumping in to defend my points about the 2N stick in the 2N stick thread. Doesn't mean they agree with my assessment, just means they are sticking up for the spread of correct information. My preference, as stated about 45 times now, is my preference. Take it all with a grain of salt. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Anyone here planning on getting a 2N stick is the thread stick9. Not “tell me about the 2N/2NPro stick.” I disagreed with ONE thing and that was when someone said the blade was “super dampened”. Then he defended it by saying it was the 2N stick and I said that it was the same blade... it is the same blade with a different weave but essentially the same blade. That is it. Don’t paint this picture like I’ve been jumping down everyone’s throat with corrections. NCAA players are not pros but when a forum Warrior gets sassy with me that’s why I said what I said and the. buzz comes flying in from Infiniti and beyond to put lighter fluid on the fire. This is getting way too off topic.

Are you trying to say that this thread's purpose was only for people to chime in on whether or not they were *planning* to get the 2N stick? What'd you want, a thread were people just say whether or not they plan on getting the stick and nothing more? This is a forum where people talk about gear. You started a thread about a specific stick, of course that stick is going to be talked. Sorry for giving my honest opinion on a stick that you started a thread on but then did not end up getting. You got the 2N Pro. The 2N Pro is not the 2N. Sorry if you thought they were the same stick. They're named differently for a reason - because they are different. And an even bigger apology for not keeping my comment in this thread to just whether or not I was planning on getting a 2N. In case you're confused, the answer is yes, I planned on picking up a 2N. And then I went and actually got it. 

“I can’t find anything that plays like the Nexus 1000” is the 2018 version of “nothing plays as well as the XN10.” 

Planned obsolescence and the need to roll out a new line every year can suck it. 

• Like 2