Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Can someone tell me more about the Bauer Nexus 7000 Pro Spec Senior Hockey Skates

I have a friend looking at these as they are on sale for 20% off with no tax or shipping. From what I can gather from the interwebs they are an older Vapor skate in a Nexus body. Is that correct? Also, is it a tech mesh or composite? They dont really say. What is the outsole, composite or TPU? 

https://www.prohockeylife.com/products/bauer-nexus-7000-pro-spec-sr-hockey-skates?variant=39877655492

Thanks!

If it’s team stock it should basically the old Vapor X60. Tech mesh, composite outsole, and what appears to be a stock Nexus 7000 tongue.

If it’s an SMU then no clue. 

Edit: if you look at the pic Flip posted the ribs on the V cut go all the way around the heel/back of the skate. The PHLs are just retail spec 7000s on a Nexus last most likely. Guy knows his stuff!

Edited by Cavs019

That link looks and sounds as though they’re pretty much normal Nexus 7000s. There’s no Vapor in that picture or description. Napor 7000s look like this:

s-l300.jpg

If you look at the structure of the skate you’ll recognize the V60, X7.0, etc., lineage but dressed in Nexus trimmings. If you look at the structure of the 7000s in the PHL link, they look just like normal Nexus 7000s.

The only way the PHL skates are actually Vapors dressed as Nexuses (Nexi?) is if the page was posted with the wrong picture and wrong description.

I actually held the PHL skate in my hands about a year ago.  It is definitely a Nexus boot with some upgrades. As JR mentioned, it has LS3 steel.  If I recall correctly the other differences from a stock Nexus 7000 we're a different tongue and liner.  It's a tech mesh boot.  If a Nexus fits your foot, it's a decent skate.