Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

What are the lightest most breathable Bauer helmets?

2 minutes ago, Vet88 said:

I suspect he will have seen what I have seen in a lot of them. The lining had issues. If you pull it on and off your lid a lot it frays and peels around the edges badly. I glue them down but eventually it goes hard (from repeated gluing) or falls apart completely and becomes unusable / uncomfortable. In some helmets it happened really fast like within a couple of months, others would last for ages. I also got 5 of them a few years ago, lost 2 to the lining issue, one to a puck strike and have 2 left. Regardless of their issues, imho they are still one of the best helmets ever made so far.

Correct, the shell is fine but the interiors fall apart. One helmets interior didn't even last more than a few months. Poor quality. I ended up having to use a sewing machine and stitching it all together but eventually, the liner backing which connects to the velcro started to tear off.

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Especially since they'll all expire around the same time. 

Why care about expiration? I play adult. 

On 5/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, markush said:

I tried one on today and liked it a lot. Pretty sure this is what I am going with. 

5 minutes ago, Vet88 said:

I suspect he will have seen what I have seen in a lot of them. The lining had issues. If you pull it on and off your lid a lot it frays and peels around the edges badly. I glue them down but eventually it goes hard (from repeated gluing) or falls apart completely and becomes unusable / uncomfortable. In some helmets it happened really fast like within a couple of months, others would last for ages. I also got 5 of them a few years ago, lost 2 to the lining issue, one to a puck strike and have 2 left. Regardless of their issues, imho they are still one of the best helmets ever made so far.

Correct, the shell is fine but the interiors fall apart. One helmets interior didn't even last more than a few months. Poor quality. I ended up having to use a sewing machine and stitching it all together but eventually, the liner backing which connects to the velcro started to tear off.

9 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

If you're going to be buying top of the line, does one helmet weighing 15 grams more than another really affect how you turn your head? A cage is much more impactful as far as adding weight goes and I know you wear a visor.

Get a helmet that fits your head and is comfortable and well-ventilated, ignore the weight.

Most helmets weigh 200 grams or more than the E700.

On 5/8/2018 at 5:39 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

Why the concern about the lightest?  Its your head... protect it.

I like a light helmet. That's what I prefer. Why can't a helmet be light AND protective? The E700 has done just fine for me despite the interior falling apart. 

On 5/8/2018 at 7:09 PM, JunkyardAthletic said:

I'm sure Bauer would be the best resource to find the answer to your question...since of course you're going to be getting one of their helmets.

I thought you owned (owns, owns) a shop. Maybe go a check a few out at YOUR SHOP?

I dont sell Bauer at all. Nothing. Only CCM, Warrior, True, STX and Sher-Wood. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Why care about expiration? I play adult. 

I tried one on today and liked it a lot. Pretty sure this is what I am going with. 

Most helmets weigh 200 grams or more than the E700.

I like a light helmet. That's what I prefer. Why can't a helmet be light AND protective? The E700 has done just fine for me despite the interior falling apart. 

I dont sell Bauer at all. Nothing. Only CCM, Warrior, True, STX and Sher-Wood. 

I think you don't sell it because you can't get it, but, that's a story for another day...

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

I think you don't sell it because you can't get it, but, that's a story for another day...

We CAN get it through distributors but we only do custom orders and prefer to not stock much Bauer gear. We have a small selection of sticks, gloves, pants, and helmets but mostly for kids or intermediate and not adults. Not sure where the comment "you can get it" came from, but you should check your facts before you made rude remarks., 

• Like 2

Why don't you carry bauer products?  They are the top selling hockey manufacturer, I know a lot of people that just use bauer products and thats all they'll use

Edited by Haggerty

It’s been a few years since I worked in a shop but didn’t Bauer want their retailers to buy a lot of product up front in order to be a “Bauer dealer”, a lot of which would often go unsold by the end of the season, so stores stopped doing that?

1 hour ago, Haggerty said:

Why don't you carry bauer products?  They are the top selling hockey manufacturer, I know a lot of people that just use bauer products and thats all they'll use

I used to be a Bauer guy too, but now the only thing I have Bauer  is my old 4500 lid....all the new CCM stuff is amazing, and is starting to eat Bauer's lunch IMO

Outside of skates, CCM is used more in the pros than Bauer products...sticks, gloves, pads, etc

7 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

It’s been a few years since I worked in a shop but didn’t Bauer want their retailers to buy a lot of product up front in order to be a “Bauer dealer”, a lot of which would often go unsold by the end of the season, so stores stopped doing that?

Yes, this is the exact reason why we no longer stock their gear but will order it if requested. We see most people prefer CCM though since the quality of their product is better than Bauer, their skates are more advanced, and they understand customer price points better than Bauer. 

13 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Yes, this is the exact reason why we no longer stock their gear but will order it if requested. We see most people prefer CCM though since the quality of their product is better than Bauer, their skates are more advanced, and they understand customer price points better than Bauer. 

Some areas yes, others no and some areas are about dead even. 

CCM has made some huge strides in a lot of areas. It wasn’t that long ago where any sort of improvement was a huge upgrade. 

43 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Some areas yes, others no and some areas are about dead even. 

CCM has made some huge strides in a lot of areas. It wasn’t that long ago where any sort of improvement was a huge upgrade. 

Agreed

6 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Back on topic.... you try the Fit Lite?

I did, it looks like a bubble on my head. I tried the OG Fitlite and the 3DS versions. 

Have you tried the new Warrior helmet. Can’t speak for the breathability, but I was really impressed with the fit system when I tried it at Winterfest. 

16 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Have you tried the new Warrior helmet. Can’t speak for the breathability, but I was really impressed with the fit system when I tried it at Winterfest. 

I have one of those coming in our next shipment along with all of the new QR stuff, including the girdles. However, I need to select a Bauer helmet as a replacement for the Easton E700 they are covering under warranty. Even if the new Warrior Alpha fits fantastic I still need something in the interim. 

Use E700 and love it. Greatest helmet ever and I have number of top helmets from other brands.

Bauers are not good at all. Wasted 300bucks on Re-Akt 100, which finally gives enormous PAIN.

Bauer sent me to LHS, LHS said we cant do anything. Its head issue. Sure - no issues with Reebok 11K, Warrior, Even Bauer 7500, E700. Never.

Trouble is that I need gold color helmet and my options are very limited. If I knew I should buy two E700...

7 hours ago, pix530 said:

Use E700 and love it. Greatest helmet ever and I have number of top helmets from other brands.

Bauers are not good at all. Wasted 300bucks on Re-Akt 100, which finally gives enormous PAIN.

Bauer sent me to LHS, LHS said we cant do anything. Its head issue. Sure - no issues with Reebok 11K, Warrior, Even Bauer 7500, E700. Never.

Trouble is that I need gold color helmet and my options are very limited. If I knew I should buy two E700...

Go to a LHS and try the helmet on before you buy.  You've been lucky that all the other ones you bought didn't give you pain to be honest.  Everyone's heads are different and a LHS will be the one to get you the most comfortable.

1. Of course I did try it. Only if I knew that helmet pain would start in 20 minutes...

I got no pain for first 20 minutes.

2. My choose is limited due to gold color only. Now we have no easton. Only one ccm in gold and some bauers. Warrior ia not in gold too. Very limited options.