Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cove

Need fit help

I wear a pair of Taccks for ice hockey and want a pair of inline skates with a similar fit for some outside play, and walking my dog. Most sites dont seem to carry the current line in many sizes and I was wondering if that means a new line is to be released? If not, Does alkali, or Mission have a similar fitting boot? I need the depth of the Tack so a Supreme fit wont work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think CCM may have decided to exit the inline market, but I'm not 100% sure about this; I'm sure others that know for certain will chime in. Nothing will fit exactly like the Tacks. Mission skates use a Supreme last so that would likely provide the most similar fit, but you said the Supreme last won't work because it doesn't have enough depth. In that case, your best bet, if you can't find Tacks inline skates in your size, is probably to find a pair of Tacks ice boots and convert them to inline. My local hockey store has converted several pairs of ice boots for me for $30 CAD a pop; so that gives you a good ballpark price. 

You can find cheap flat chassis on eBay if you're not too fussy about the chassis. If you want something that feels similar to ice then a good option right now is the Sprung since it's been sold for $89US (used to sell for closer to $200): https://sprunghockey.com/shop/. I think the price has been dropped that low because an aluminum version is in the works (there's a Fizix FB page with some info), but there's no concrete launch date for that.

My local MonkeySports store said a new lineup of CCMs is expected later this year, but certainly one of those while I'm hopeful I'll believe it when I see it. The only other deep line is going to be Tour. The pitch of them will feel back on your heels compared to an ice skate, and the boot is a significantly lower cut with a flexible tendon which makes them feel unstable if you're used to a taller, stiffer boot. Converting a pair is probably the best bet to match up to what you're used to