Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
jon7chow

Bauer Supreme Skate Fit - Then and Now

I've been rocking a pair of Bauer Supreme 7000 skates for a long time... probably getting close on 17 or 18 years. They are overall still in very good shape. 

Just wondering if anyone had any insight into the fit of the new supreme line compared to the old line, before the nexus line was even around. I assume the Vapor line has remained more or less consistent. Obviously materials have changed greatly, and i doubt anything is made to last as long as my skates have, but as far as overall fit, any comments? 

The Vapor line has changed, it's a little wider and a little bit roomier in the toe box compared to the Canstar days. I was a Bauer Vapor 8D when it was Canstar (Vapor 8, 10 circa 98-2000), I dropped a full half size in the modern (2015) Vapors. For what it's worth...my guess is Bauer changed their boot lasts when they introduced Nexus but someone else may know better.

I believe the Supreme skates before the Supreme 8090 (like the 7000) fit like the current Vapors. Starting with the 8090, Supreme got wider. Then with the One90, Supreme became more anatomical while staying with the wider last  

14 hours ago, jon7chow said:

I've been rocking a pair of Bauer Supreme 7000 skates for a long time... probably getting close on 17 or 18 years. They are overall still in very good shape. 

Just wondering if anyone had any insight into the fit of the new supreme line compared to the old line, before the nexus line was even around. I assume the Vapor line has remained more or less consistent. Obviously materials have changed greatly, and i doubt anything is made to last as long as my skates have, but as far as overall fit, any comments? 

There is nothing out there any more that fit like older Bauer supreme skates. I would say older Supreme is a mix between new Vapors and Supreme

You really need to try them on to see what fits best.

New supreme skates feel wider to me than older supreme skates did, however the volume/depth seems to be about the same as older supreme skates.

Vapor is closer to old Bauer Air skates, but wider up front. 

Nexus.. First gen of nexus skates were rebranded nike flexlites, second was the same though the Nexus 1000 had a somewhat different fit.. third was really wide overall, and the newest line of nexus skates is more like a blown out supreme/ Swollen version of the supreme line.

• Like 1

I am in the same boat, been on 7000s for like 15 years.  Never really loved them but could never justify new skates.  Now that i am coaching my son and getting back into mens league i am getting new ones.  7000s seemed like they were cut shallower than my brother’s old 5000s but i never compared the, side by side.  It is probably going to be a big jump to the newer skates but cant wait to get them.

Well I'll see how this goes. Bought a pair of slightly used Bauer 180. Dad bought them for his kid and he grew out of them in 4 months. For 100$ I figured it was worth the gamble. Right? They are in very good condition. 

Won't skate on them until next week but few observations. The new skates are a bit higher up in the tendon guard. Maybe half an inch. The boot is not as stiff as the 7000 in the ankle but more stiff through the foot. This also keeping in mind my 7000s have thousands of hours on them. The tongue on the 180s is not as good. It seems thinner and less padded. Overall build doesn't feel quite as good as the old skates. But that might just be like everything else made today. The LS edge holder doesn't look like it can take the same beating the custom+ holders can take but being able to change steel is nice and they are definitely lighter. Pretty excited to give these a shot. 

Howdy,

Kinda related... Can any tell me how a Bauer Supreme One.6 fit will compare to the new Vapor/Supreme fits?

Mark

A one.6 will fit the same as the new line of supreme skates, no difference at all. About the same skate as Supreme 160/s160

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 9:50 AM, jon7chow said:

I went down half a size when i moved from XX many years ago to one95s due to the current toe cap shape. Supreme 7000's back then were one of the stiffest skates in the market.

Picture of both skates. Finally got some ice time on the new pair. They are stiffer in the forefoot. I dont expect them to be as comfortable off the bat compared to the 7000's but they aren't bad. The tongue on the Supreme 180 is no great. I added in some lace bite gel pads and that made them feel better. Never had an issue with lace bite in any of my previous skates (Supreme 7000, 5000, 4000). I suspect they are just cheaping out on some materials these days like most products. 

Still for $100 CDN, the 180's are in pretty good shape. 

k4kIEuq.jpg

Edited by jon7chow