Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
CigarScott

Stick Bag Recommendations

So I've been throwing my twigs into my almost new car without any thought of the consequences. I finally looked at the ceiling and some of the upholstery and saw black marks all over the place. I need to find a bag to but my sticks in that is long enough for my 66" sticks, does anyone know of any on the market now or were made in the past that can accomodate long sticks?

Also, anyone have any suggestions for removing tape marks from my car's upholstery?

The Easton RS one I got on clearance has room in the top of the bag when I have my sticks in it (like inches extra), I would guess it would fit 66"...but sadly I don't know if the Bauer that most likely replaced it would be the same.

EDIT:  I just measured & it appears to only be about 65" long...

Edited by LoneStar77

How about this? It only covers the blades, so no worry about length. You can then just put a plastic bag over your butt ends and you're more or less set. BTW, I saw these in Dollarama up here in Canada, so you might want to check your local dollar store for them if you're interested.

stick_vault.jpg

https://www.hockeymonkey.com/ar-stick-vault.html

Edited by puckpilot

7 hours ago, puckpilot said:

How about this? It only covers the blades, so no worry about length. You can then just put a plastic bag over your butt ends and you're more or less set. BTW, I saw these in Dollarama up here in Canada, so you might want to check your local dollar store for them if you're interested.

stick_vault.jpg

I saw that and that will be my fallback option if I can't find a full-length bag that my twigs will fit in. I'm going to be in Dallas in a couple weeks so I'll pick this is up from the flagship Hockey Monkey store when I'm there if I need to. I wish our dollar stores sold hockey equipment but unfortunately I live in Alabama where there is exactly two places in the entire state that sells hockey equipment so that should tell you all that you need to know about where hockey stands in the sports pecking order here...

I dont think there is any stick bags that fit longer than 65” sticks.. Just about every one ive seen is 65” aside from Jr stick bags that comes in 55-60”..

9 hours ago, puckpilot said:

stick_vault.jpg

Tbf you could get an old sock that would do the same thing.

1 hour ago, Left Wing King said:

Tbf you could get an old sock that would do the same thing.

Have you ever tried putting a sock over a taped up stick?  The sock sticks to the hockey tape and wax l and you get fuzzy stuff all over the blade when you peel the sock off. 

12 hours ago, puckpilot said:

stick_vault.jpg

I have one of these to keep wax off my seats. Works great. Easy on and off too.

My butt ends are tacki-mac so I don’t have any worry about that part.

• Like 1

Can you just put a plastic grocery bag over the blades? Or even a reusable grocery bag? I love buying stuff, but this feels like a waste of $20 that can be spent on tape or beer or pogs.

If you really want one, there are a half dozen or so bags on SidelineSwap for 10-15 dollars. I bet a handful of people on here have one they would just give you. 

I used a stick bag for a hot minute many years ago. It ended up being way more trouble than it's worth. It's honestly more inconvenient to carry a stick bag than it is to just carry two sticks. I'd give you mine, but we use it to store an autographed Crosby stick that's in the back of a closet somewhere (Rbk standard shaft with blacked out Sherwood wooden blade from his sophomore(?) season) . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, swede said:

I dont think there is any stick bags that fit longer than 65” sticks.. Just about every one ive seen is 65” aside from Jr stick bags that comes in 55-60”..

Know of a particular model that a 65" twig will fit in? I can cut my one twig down an inch if I need to...

5 hours ago, puckpilot said:

Have you ever tried putting a sock over a taped up stick?  The sock sticks to the hockey tape and wax l and you get fuzzy stuff all over the blade when you peel the sock off. 

Never had the desire to sock a stick, I'm guessing it would depend on the socks material.

1 hour ago, CigarScott said:

Know of a particular model that a 65" twig will fit in? I can cut my one twig down an inch if I need to...

If your sticks are the right length to play with, don't cut them to fit in a bag!!! That's ridiculous. 

- Find a simple barrier between your buttend and the roof of your car.

- Untape and retape them every game. 

- Find a new way to store them in your car. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, start_today said:

If your sticks are the right length to play with, don't cut them to fit in a bag!!! That's ridiculous. 

- Find a simple barrier between your buttend and the roof of your car.

- Untape and retape them every game. 

- Find a new way to store them in your car. 

65" is actually about where I need them. I just put a 6" plug in a cheap standard-length that I picked up to mess around with and the extra inch hasn't been an hindrance and am too lazy to track down a saw to cut it down an inch unless I need to.

you can use denatured alcohol to get rid of the tape marks (assuming it's colored cloth tape with wax residue causing the marks).  Or switch to a white tape that doesn't have dye in it, which won't mark color.

Edited by shoot_the_goalie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CigarScott said:

TPS R8. I previously had an Easton synergy stick bag which was 65”. The zipper gave up after 13 years, so last year i bougth a new old stock TPS R8 65” stick bag off ebay for like 160Sek (~ 18$) plus shipping from England.

Now when searching i actually found a CCM 71” stick bag at Monkeysports.se.. You would probably find same bag at hockeymonkey.com also..

Edited by swede

either do the Stick Vault (I use one for the same reason that you're looking for one) or do the grocery bag thing. don't be that guy who brings a full length stick bag into the rink like his sticks are made of gold. :8_laughing:

Edited by shoeshine boy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shoeshine boy said:

either do the Stick Vault (I use one for the same reason that you're looking for one) or do the grocery bag thing. don't be that guy who brings a full length stick bag into the rink like his sticks are made of gold. :8_laughing:

I enjoy the stick bag NOT because I think my sticks are amazing or anything special, but it makes it easier to store them in my house, trunk, parents house, etc. I have a 2 hour commute to the rink, I want to make sure I have all my gear - equipment bag, laundry bag with clean stuff, stick bag with 2 sticks - boom done. To each his own, carry them with or without a bag - no judgement here.

Edited by LoneStar77
  • Like 5