Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
chromechaser

Ccm pro stock help

Looking at a couple trigger 2 pro stock sticks. The name is thuresson. There is a M above the 75 (flex) and a T under it. No other numbers on the stick. Curve looks like a bigger p92 or a p88 that is bit more open. They dont look like they have the deep concave sides in the lower portion of the stick like the rdtail ones. Anybody know what these sticks are?

Thanks Scott. The only other info the seller has is a sticker on the packaging that says ST CCM Ribcor Trigger 2 R. There is a code under it that says DJ6755. Not sure if that helps or not.

Edited by chromechaser

Is that sticker you mentioned the barcode sticker at the top of the shaft?  That's the most helpful one -- the numbers/letters under that, as well as the PLAYER NAME (CODE) next to the barcode can be useful. 

Thanks guys.  The sticker looks like it is on the plastic packaging that the stick came in and not on the stick itself.  I got the M and T designations.  More concerned about the construction and kickpoint of the shaft.  I know I like the retail Trigger 2 taper and release so want to make sure that is very close to what this is.  

Howdy,

Picked up a couple sticks on Sideline.  Advertised as AS4 Pro construction. 

RY/80/T/S15115/V01 on the shaft.  Sticker has MHSRTSMSP RICHARTZ BLAIS (T6R) S15115-01

One weighs 427 grams and the other is 417 grams.

AS4 Pro retail has an advertised weight of 374 grams.

Mark

That RY code and different player name font implies that those are Tacks pro team sticks - explains the heavier weight. Those are not true AS4 Pros.

They’re fine sticks used by college and CHL teams on a budget but you didn’t get what was advertised. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 2

Howdy,

2 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

That RY code and different player name font implies that those are Tacks pro team sticks - explains the heavier weight. Those are not true AS4 Pros.

They’re fine sticks used by college and CHL teams on a budget but you didn’t get what was advertised. 

Yeah.  Talked to the seller.  He didn't know, or was at least good at acting.  I assumed when he advertised them as as4 pro construction dressed as trigger 6's that he knew what he had.  We did a partial refund so I ended up getting a little money back and I'll try them out.

I'm still curious if anyone knows what the "MHSRTSMSP" code means.  Sounds like "SM" likely means tacks / mid-kick construction?

Mark

2 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

From what I understand it's a team stick but not the team stick that's sold at retail, basically just a step below the advertised stick.  I have some older Jetspeed FT3 Team sticks from before they started selling a "team" level at retail and they're good but not as light as the RY build FT4 Pro I have which is an awesome stick.  It's a few grams heavier than a true FT4 Pro but nothing noticeable in my hands (still superlight).  I've looked into it and like Cavs said, the RY build seems to be relatively new (maybe last year or two?) and is a top end team stick... if the price is good I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up

25 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

From what I understand it's a team stick but not the team stick that's sold at retail, basically just a step below the advertised stick.  I have some older Jetspeed FT3 Team sticks from before they started selling a "team" level at retail and they're good but not as light as the RY build FT4 Pro I have which is an awesome stick.  It's a few grams heavier than a true FT4 Pro but nothing noticeable in my hands (still superlight).  I've looked into it and like Cavs said, the RY build seems to be relatively new (maybe last year or two?) and is a top end team stick... if the price is good I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up

Hmm, I wonder if those RY builds are essentially FT3 non Pros...?

Howdy,

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

My "I don't know very much" guess is that RY still means just what factory the stick was built in.  Its just a (new?) Chinese factory.

The stick weights on the sticks I just got don't like up to any retail models, as far as I can tell.  They're heavier than the <400g top of the line models, but less than an AS4 non-pro or AS4 Team.

Mark

3 hours ago, stick9 said:

I have a non Pro FT4 and an FT4 Pro "RY" pro stock, the RY is much lighter and feels a lot better than the non pro FT4.  

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

My "I don't know very much" guess is that RY still means just what factory the stick was built in.  Its just a (new?) Chinese factory.

The stick weights on the sticks I just got don't like up to any retail models, as far as I can tell.  They're heavier than the <400g top of the line models, but less than an AS4 non-pro or AS4 Team.

Mark

Being pro stock means the player has various options, these slight changes may add a few grams here and there too (like type of grip, blade construction, overall shaft length, etc.?) I'm just guessing on some of that but in the end 50 grams is just a little more than an average weight of beans for a cup of coffee so not a whole lot lol (I'm a coffee lover so I relate all gram measurements to coffee beans).  My guess is RY might add some materials that will improve durability but at the cost of weight (since most teams that would order would be interested in durability).  

Edited by xstartxtodayx

The RY builds are a little heavier as they are more durable. I had a retail FT4 Pro and a RY build pro stock FT4 Pro and didn't like the RY build. I like very light sticks though so that's likely why I wasn't a fan. 

Howdy,

I'm still wondering if anyone knows how to decode the barcode sticker to confirm that this is a mid kick or anything else about it.

Mark

Just a stab at it.. MHSRTSMSP

M= ???, HS = Hockey Stick, RT = Right Handed, SM = Special make up, SP = Super Tacks

The M could be their factor code.

Edited by stick9
  • Like 1

I swear there needs to be a college course dedicated to decoding some of these stick codes 🤣

I usually start here then google/redit for more up to date things: http://www.sports2k.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15186-pro-stock-stick-codes-what-do-you-have/

So the SM is "new Tacks stick", so whenever that info was written it was the new one I guess, my guess is SM became the Tacks code.  SP could be blade construction?  I know flex profiles have SV, SC but maybe if they have a different type of blade on their stick there's a code for that?  Again, all shots in the dark.

• Like 1