Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
salibandy

Medium Reakt cage on small Bauer IMS 7.0 helmet

Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the fit specifically for this combo. I have an IMS 7.0 small helmet and a small Reakt cage on it, but the cage seems too small and doesn't hit the J hooks before hitting my chin. 

I am looking to put a medium Reakt cage on my helmet but am worried that it won't fit into the J hooks because of width. I'd have to order online as there aren't any hockey shops where I live in Asia.

Looking forward to some help.

Mark

I know this doesn't completely answer your question, but I almost always use a Large Cage on my Medium Helmets and have been doing so since college. I've done this with probably 6-8 different helmet and cage brand combos I've used over the last 20-ish years with no ill effects. The cages all fit fine width wise on the helmets and fit into the j hooks without issues.

Very typical.  I wear a medium helmet with a large size cage.  If the large cage is too wide (which usually won't be the case) you can put spacers between the J hooks and the helmet to "push" the j hooks out.  I've also seen one or two people bend their cages to fit with a propane torch, but I wouldn't recommend that.  Or skip the j hooks completely and get that wicked "cage hang".  (again, something I wouldn't recommend....lol)

• Like 1

I use 9500/9900/IMS 11 size L cages on my Cascade M11/Bauer IMS 7.0 medium helmets.  IIRC, when trying a size L Reakt cage with the medium size helmets, I could fit the cage into the J-clips, but the cage ended up squeezing the helmet and creating pressure on the temple area.  In my situation, it was the large Reakt cage that wasn't wide enough for the medium helmet.  If your concern is the reverse, e.g., the medium cage being too wide for the small helmet, I don't think you have to worry much.

Unfortunately medium 9500/9900/IMS 11 cages are really rare, none on ebay at this time, otherwise I'd suggest trying those.  

Yep, medium Re-Akt helmet with a large Re-Akt cage here... 2 spacers between J-hook and helmet and a little finagling to 'tuck' the cage in the J-hooks and it works.