Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
seanfku

Warrior QRE Sticks

Hi, does anyone know the weight for the QRE line. More specifically the QR Edge and Pro versions? I am a huge fan of the QRL and am looking forward to the newest version from Warrior. Anyone who has some experience with either the QR Edge or the Pro version, please chime in! Thanks. 

How did you like the QREdge compared to the QRL?

11 hours ago, tcraig said:

I was sent a QREdge as part of the VIP program. 85 flex, w28 weighed 407 grams on my cheap kitchen scale.

I am a huge fan of the Covert QRL - absolutely love the low kick point on the stick. The QREdge has the same low kick that we know and love. The stick is very similar in weight, but is slightly lighter. Warrior has upgraded to an Edge Taper, which helps keep the stick more stable on shots to improve accuracy and help get shots off faster. 

I've been using it for a few weeks now, and so far it's an amazing stick. It keep the same features that made us fall in love with the QRL, but is definitely an upgrade worth getting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, seanfku said:

Don't know yet, UPS bobbled the shipping so it arrived later than anticipated and right before I left for vacation. A couple things I noticed are the grip texture is different than the QRL and the shaft corners are more rounded. Seems a bit better balanced. 

8 hours ago, seanfku said:

I find the QR Edge lighter and better balanced compared to the qrl. Also notice the qr edge is more predictable and accurate compared to the qrl 

• Like 1

If you want the honest truth. The QRE and QRL differences are negligible. The QRL is super light, balanced and a very good stick. The only thing getting in the way of playing a better game is what’s in your head. There’s nothing the QRE is going to offer over the QRL that’s going to edge you out as a substitute for practice and effort. Period. Accuracy is in the Indian not the arrow. I could still go 8 for 10 picking spots be it with one of my CXs,  QRL, 1S or whatever you put in my hand. If the pattern and length are constant that’s what matters. The rest is marketing noise. Patrick Kane/Stammer are in stick technology that’s almost a decade old. 

Edited by 60PlusWinger

10 minutes ago, 60PlusWinger said:

If you want the honest truth. The QRE and QRL differences are negligible. The QRL is super light, balanced and a very good stick. The only thing getting in the way of playing a better game is what’s in your head. There’s nothing the QRE is going to offer over the QRL that’s going to edge you out as a substitute for practice and effort. Period. Accuracy is in the Indian not the arrow. I could still go 8 for 10 picking spots be it with one of my CXs,  QRL, 1S or whatever you put in my hand. If the pattern and length are constant that’s what matters. The rest is marketing noise. Patrick Kane/Stammer are in stick technology that’s almost a decade old. 

Cool. 

On 6/24/2018 at 9:25 PM, 60PlusWinger said:

I understand and agree with parts of what you’re saying, it just sounds kind of odd coming from the guy who makes one of these kinds of posts seemingly every month. 

Beaten to the punch by Steewie. 

No reason to call people out for being interested in a new stick, particularly if you have a habit of getting lost in curve/stick minutiae yourself.  

6 hours ago, start_today said:

Beaten to the punch by Steewie. 

No reason to call people out for being interested in a new stick, particularly if you have a habit of getting lost in curve/stick minutiae yourself.  

No one called out anyone about being interested in a new stick. He asked for advice about the two and I gave him real world advice on it not some new technology koolaid babble like Catherine ward videos from CCM. YOU called ME out and let’s be frank here, your post was unnecessary and a waste of time. Just had to get your shot in eh? Just because I post a stick thread doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to put my two cents in, if you have a problem with it then you ought to seek out other outlets because clearly something else is bothering you in life if you feel the need to jump in like some valiant protector or an innocent new modsquader because of what I said. 

On 6/24/2018 at 9:25 PM, 60PlusWinger said:

Yet you feel the need to grab up and/or inquire about every new twig that hits the rack....

But back on topic. I don't know how anyone can legitimately comment on the differences seeing how it's not available to the general public until 7/20. So unless you're a Warrior VIP tester, you're just guessing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Yet you feel the need to grab up and/or inquire about every new twig that hits the rack....

But back on topic. I don't know how anyone can legitimately comment on the differences seeing how it's not available to the general public until 7/20. So unless you're a Warrior VIP tester, you're just guessing.

Hey bud I bet you think strippers like you too? You’re not just guessing unless you’re a VIP tester, those sticks are wildly inconsistent and if you can read pro Stock code or know people that can acquire samples you’re not just guessing. As a former NCAA D1 equipment manager I can assure you stick9 that you’re incorrect but go ahead and keep pushing. If you think these sticks have been locked up until release and unavailable you’re lost. QRE code sticks are all over the place with QRL/QX paint jobs... most of the time they aren’t even dressed. Trust me bud, being a modsquadhockey member doesn’t make you an expert. Stick to “the rack” and the LHS they’re in. Maybe a TRUE koolaid smoothie too.

Edited by 60PlusWinger

5 hours ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Hey bud I bet you think strippers like you too? You’re not just guessing unless you’re a VIP tester, those sticks are wildly inconsistent and if you can read pro Stock code or know people that can acquire samples you’re not just guessing. As a former NCAA D1 equipment manager I can assure you stick9 that you’re incorrect but go ahead and keep pushing. If you think these sticks have been locked up until release and unavailable you’re lost. QRE code sticks are all over the place with QRL/QX paint jobs... most of the time they aren’t even dressed. Trust me bud, being a modsquadhockey member doesn’t make you an expert. Stick to “the rack” and the LHS they’re in. Maybe a TRUE koolaid smoothie too.

Only the ones I've dated...but that's a story for a different day. 😉

• Like 2

On 6/23/2018 at 5:36 PM, seanfku said:

Hi, does anyone know the weight for the QRE line. More specifically the QR Edge and Pro versions? I am a huge fan of the QRL and am looking forward to the newest version from Warrior. Anyone who has some experience with either the QR Edge or the Pro version, please chime in! Thanks. 

Back on topic.

@seanfku a member here lists the weight as 407g in his LTR. Nice opening write up too.

12 hours ago, stick9 said:

Back on topic.

@seanfku a member here lists the weight as 407g in his LTR. Nice opening write up too.

I'll have to check that out. It's nice to see warriors price dropping too! Still curious what the pro version in 63" weight is. Can't find it anywhere online. 

1 hour ago, seanfku said:

I'll have to check that out. It's nice to see warriors price dropping too! Still curious what the pro version in 63" weight is. Can't find it anywhere online. 

For comparison, there is a 45g difference between the Alpha QX & QX Pro. 

10 hours ago, stick9 said:

For comparison, there is a 45g difference between the Alpha QX & QX Pro. 

True but I guess that AK27 SL was supposed to be significantly lighter than the QX pro. Hoping they'd continue this trend considering the pro model is made with the minimus 1000 instead of the 800. 

2 hours ago, seanfku said:

True but I guess that AK27 SL was supposed to be significantly lighter than the QX pro. Hoping they'd continue this trend considering the pro model is made with the minimus 1000 instead of the 800. 

The AK was not only lighter than the QX Pro, it was lighter than the QX. I had both. The blade was different and it didn’t have the same pop or feel. Still a hell of a stick for the price.

What’s the deal with the blade?  Is the foam core now softer, maybe for feel?  Ice warehouse shows soft core not hard core in all models in the specs.

On 6/28/2018 at 8:31 AM, seanfku said:

Speaking of price i was looking the covert team stick, it literally says "team stick" it, they were $259 Canadian.

On 6/24/2018 at 1:36 PM, electrichockey said:

I am a huge fan of the Covert QRL - absolutely love the low kick point on the stick. The QREdge has the same low kick that we know and love. The stick is very similar in weight, but is slightly lighter. Warrior has upgraded to an Edge Taper, which helps keep the stick more stable on shots to improve accuracy and help get shots off faster. 

I've been using it for a few weeks now, and so far it's an amazing stick. It keep the same features that made us fall in love with the QRL, but is definitely an upgrade worth getting.

Agreed on all points. The low kick is an improvement on the QRL. 

22 hours ago, getthekidthepuck said:

Speaking of price i was looking the covert team stick, it literally says "team stick" it, they were $259 Canadian.

That seems steep. 

I'm really surprised no one from Warrior could answer my original question. I know we have a rep or two on this site.