Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
seanfku

Warrior QRE Sticks

Another question:

It appears that (at least in Europe) that there is a "new" entry in the lineup, beneath the QRE Pro now sits the QRE Pro Team. When comparing with the QRE3 it appears to have a different grip pattern and a wider variety of curves/flexes, but not much more details, both feature Minimus Carbon 800 (think QRL Pro).

Can anyone shine some light on the new Pro Team sticks? Maybe @Miseaujeu ?

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 2:32 AM, gosinger said:

Another question:

It appears that (at least in Europe) that there is a "new" entry in the lineup, beneath the QRE Pro now sits the QRE Pro Team. When comparing with the QRE3 it appears to have a different grip pattern and a wider variety of curves/flexes, but not much more details, both feature Minimus Carbon 800 (think QRL Pro).

Can anyone shine some light on the new Pro Team sticks? Maybe @Miseaujeu ?

They are carrying them in my local store. They seem pretty well balanced just picking it up. I haven't heard of any information though. 

I am not a fan of the QRE as compared to other LK sticks, like the True A 6.0 HT. While the new taper makes the blade less likely to open up on shots the blade itself just doesn't feel very responsive. I think there are other alternatives that are better IMO. 

14 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I am not a fan of the QRE as compared to other LK sticks, like the True A 6.0 HT. While the new taper makes the blade less likely to open up on shots the blade itself just doesn't feel very responsive. I think there are other alternatives that are better IMO. 

The blade definitely is the weakest part of the QREdge. However, the rest of the stick is very, very good. Just a stiffer blade would make it the *perfect* Warrior stick.

Sort of related, but with the release of the QR Edge, does anyone know when the previous top of the line QRL is going on sale below US$220? I've been itching to get my hands on one since I'll barely be able to tell the difference from the QRE.

2 hours ago, BlueNux said:

Sort of related, but with the release of the QR Edge, does anyone know when the previous top of the line QRL is going on sale below US$220? I've been itching to get my hands on one since I'll barely be able to tell the difference from the QRE.

@BlueNux umm, that would be NOW!

12 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

The blade definitely is the weakest part of the QREdge. However, the rest of the stick is very, very good. Just a stiffer blade would make it the *perfect* Warrior stick.

Time to go custom 😉

On 8/5/2018 at 10:12 PM, Nicholas G said:

Low kick sticks in general have become gimmick city. QRT, Dagger Taper, ribbed/concave sidewalls, etc - it’s all nonsense.  

I’d really love to buy a low kick stick at retail ala the APX 2 that doesn’t have a science project above the blade.

Edited by Cavs019
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2018 at 3:46 PM, stljrs said:

What’s the deal with the blade?  Is the foam core now softer, maybe for feel?  Ice warehouse shows soft core not hard core in all models in the specs.

It definitely softer. I like my blade to be more lively so I was a bit disappointed that it felt more numb. I am thinking that a franken-stick is what's needed, taking the best of the QRE and QRL and blending them together.