Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 10/10/2018 at 12:12 PM, althoma1 said:

Yes, the same company that owns Tron owns Verbero. That happened earlier this year. They also seem to be clearing out most of the old Verbero products during their different sales and don't seem to be replenishing stock. I don't know if this means they just bought the leftover product and aren't producing anything new or if they'll produce some new and existing products in the future. 

Tron bought Verbero with his reparations money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jared9356 said:

Bauer does own the rights to Easton hockey tech, however; I don't think they're using Mako tech. I think the heel is certainly reminiscent of the OG Mako (and even the M7 and M8 to some extent) and it does look like they have a flexible tendon guard, however; they also look like they still have a separate outsole and use curve composite.

A shiny heel isn't exactly patented tech and multiple companies, including Bauer, have been using flexible tendon guards. So while I'd love to see another Mako based skate released, I don't think this is it. I would love to be wrong though. 

Edited by althoma1

1 minute ago, althoma1 said:

Easton does own the rights to Easton hockey tech, however; I don't think they're using Mako tech. I think the heel is certainly reminiscent of the OG Mako (and even the M7 and M8 to some extent) and it does look like they have a flexible tendon guard, however; they also look like they still have a separate outsole and use curve composite.

A shiny heel isn't exactly patented tech and multiple companies, including Bauer, have been using flexible tendon guards. So while I'd love to see another Mako based skate released, I don't think this is it. I would love to be wrong though. 

From the other pictures available, it also appears to have a significantly lower, more tapered toe box. The silver heel seems to be cosmetic. Maybe this is a dialed back OD1N project. Speculating szn.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jared9356 said:

From the other pictures available, it also appears to have a significantly lower, more tapered toe box. The silver heel seems to be cosmetic. Maybe this is a dialed back OD1N project. Speculating szn.

You're right, it does appear to have a lower, more anatomical  toe cap compared to current and previous Bauer skates. The toe cap is another thing a little reminiscent of the Mako line. The separate outsole is the part that still makes me think it isn't Mako based as a whole, but they may have taken some inspiration from the Mako toe cap. 

I had thought the graphics on this skate looked similar to the One95 if you swapped out blue for silver and just made the heel and ankle area a little bit larger. That being said the toe cap does look more tapered but its tough from the photos and the way he wears his shins to see if there is a mid-boot wrap similar to the mako or even True/VH. 

It's right between the original Mako silver heel and the APX2 silver heel. Materially, it looks closer to the APX2, where this looks like a foxing rather than an exposed shell like the Mako had. Still looks a lot like the recent vapors overall. I see the slimmer toe cap too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

It’s funny because the silver heel is one of the biggest complaints about the Mako.🤔

Yes, I think the Mako II was a big improvement over the OG Mako. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 8:54 PM, nutters said:

Point streak ends and Matthews changes it up...

auston-matthews-of-the-toronto-maple-lea

Gotta love the blacked out M. I noticed on his Nexus twigs he has been spray painting the blade and the lower portion of the shaft. 

Howdy,

13 hours ago, ggmunsen said:

Gotta love the blacked out M. I noticed on his Nexus twigs he has been spray painting the blade and the lower portion of the shaft. 

Is it spray paint or some kinda coating to help with breakage?

Mark

14 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Is it spray paint or some kinda coating to help with breakage?

Mark

Very hard to tell if it's just paint or a coating, see the image here: https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/auston-matthews-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-battles-for-the-news-photo/1052475768

However, it looks like he only has the heel here, unless its the makeup of the blade vs the shaft.