Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

That looks like they took the Mako toe cap and glued it on a Vapor skate. I'm excited for that because I love how my Mako skates fit in the toe box. Very snug and ergonomic. 

1 hour ago, Nicholas G said:

It is. Yes. Nexus 1N/2N V-Cut it seems. 

Are you sure? Looks like CURV to me, and normal Nexus cut. No ribs like on the Napors (V-cuts). Too shiny and shallow surface appearance to be tech-mesh.

Compare to when he did have Nexus-dressed Vapors:

johan-larsson-of-the-buffalo-sabres-skat

It's a Vapor toe cap, duller quarters with ribs and a Vapor shaped tendon guard, whereas his current boots have Nexus toe caps, Nexus-sized spacing between eyelets and the tendon guard is also standard Nexus shape. I think he's in plain vanilla(ish) Nexus 2Ns, complete with the "jewel" behind eyelet 4.

Edited by flip12

3 hours ago, flip12 said:

Are you sure? Looks like CURV to me, and normal Nexus cut. No ribs like on the Napors (V-cuts). Too shiny and shallow surface appearance to be tech-mesh.

Compare to when he did have Nexus-dressed Vapors:

johan-larsson-of-the-buffalo-sabres-skat

It's a Vapor toe cap, duller quarters with ribs and a Vapor shaped tendon guard, whereas his current boots have Nexus toe caps, Nexus-sized spacing between eyelets and the tendon guard is also standard Nexus shape. I think he's in plain vanilla(ish) Nexus 2Ns, complete with the "jewel" behind eyelet 4.

I asked because I was surprised there didn’t appear to be a custom option for a V-cut pro skate this year (at least available to consumers). I was wondering what they were going to do with Toews and all the rest of the more traditional non-Curv guys. 

2 hours ago, CaptainFranchise said:

I asked because I was surprised there didn’t appear to be a custom option for a V-cut pro skate this year (at least available to consumers). I was wondering what they were going to do with Toews and all the rest of the more traditional non-Curv guys. 

I've noticed some of the holdouts have switched, notably Erik Karlsson for instance. Toews is still in the tech-mesh boots with the Sesame Street Blue accents the way they were dressed last year. Tuch as well. I'm not sure if anyone's wearing a current look of that model.

I had the chance to preview a pair of CCM FT2 goalie skates which had the XS holder, which has.a dial near the back of the holder... Very well design and built, felt solid and strong while dialing, a pin which then protrudes out of the back of the holder and steel can then be pulled off... Not bad, although I did have  to ask the rep to show me how to pull steel off (steel seemed 'stuck')... I'm sure with a little practice, holders would be easy to operate.

20 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Hold the phone, can we get some more info on this gentleman wearing two completely different skates?

Bump. Does anyone know why he would do that?

Here another great picture of the upcoming vapor. Patrick Laine been wearing them too.

21 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Yes, certain players have been wearing them.  Bauer has revealed the graphics package slowly.

Is this final stage? I wish the silver were shiny red instead. They would look much better.

andreas-athanasiou-of-the-detroit-red-wi

• Like 1