Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

51 minutes ago, Hills said:

Does that tongue look like that player has too much depth for that skate?

It's the first, and only thing I noticed, but I kept my newbie mouth shut. Really got me curious how that's able to work at all.

• Like 1

Tons of guys are comfortable with and used to failing the pencil test.

Remember that the low volume vapor has been the “it” skate at retail for years.  

3 hours ago, Hills said:

Does that tongue look like that player has too much depth for that skate?

No idea what tongue it is. That could play a part to why it appears that way. 

• Like 1

Krejci (who's pictured) has been in Vapors for years, and those particular ones for a few months. So I'm guessing it's not an issue.

Surprised no one pointed out what looks like a new toe cap... Or how the design is similar to the old X:60.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:49 PM, sbecks72986 said:

Based on the comfort edge pads id say its likely the new 1X will have flexible tendon guards. I wonder what the stock tongue will be. Im in the 15' 1Xs and i really like that tongue heard mixed options on the 17' 1Xs tongue 

The 2X Pro and 2X do have flexible tendon guards. Good eye.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:02 PM, stick9 said:

Krejci (who's pictured) has been in Vapors for years, and those particular ones for a few months. So I'm guessing it's not an issue.

Surprised no one pointed out what looks like a new toe cap... Or how the design is similar to the old X:60.

Skate looks more like a Mako than ever and supposedly fits more like a Mako as well. If all of this is true I will be happy that Bauer is finally incorporating some of the technology from the Easton acquisition. The new Vapor sticks have some of the Easton tech in them too which is nice. 

44 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Skate looks more like a Mako than ever and supposedly fits more like a Mako as well. If all of this is true I will be happy that Bauer is finally incorporating some of the technology from the Easton acquisition. The new Vapor sticks have some of the Easton tech in them too which is nice. 

@Nicholas G so more a V foot shape?

If Bauer ever made skates that fit like Makos (not saying these are) I would be ecstatic. 

Ive never been able to figure out why off the shelf skates all hurt my feet because I feel my feet are pretty normal but you can only waste so much money trying so many pairs before it just becomes silly to not just say screw it and go custom. 

• Like 1

They might fit like Makos, but they’ll probably end up being ski boot stiff and unnecessarily high cut. 

The 70K is my favorite of the current models as they blend a flexible boot with high end features. If you go down the lines to mid tier models for more flexibility you start to lose things like a composite outsole, good steel, etc. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 1

He’s head to toe in discontinued gear 😄

V08 helmet

HG55 (CL500) gloves

Supertacks 1.0 stick

2015 Jetspeed skates

Edited by Cavs019
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

V08 helmet

HG55 (CL500) gloves

Supertacks 1.0 stick

2015 Jetspeed skates

All that money and still getting gear on closeout. 😆

And yes I know he doesn't pay for it the team does and yadda yadda yadda......

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stick9 said:

All that money and still getting gear on closeout. 😆

And yes I know he doesn't pay for it the team does and yadda yadda yadda......

Generally, it seems like Bauer and Warrior do a better job of getting their top guys in current (or future) product. Of course, they don’t turn over their whole stick line every year...

My local store has a CCM banner of Crosby, McDavid and Burns with photoshoot product. It’s funny because they’re all shown using the latest, greatest  sticks but none of them actually do. 

Whether it matters or not from a marketing perspective is a separate question, haha.

9 minutes ago, CaptainFranchise said:

Generally, it seems like Bauer and Warrior do a better job of getting their top guys in current (or future) product. Of course, they don’t turn over their whole stick line every year...

My local store has a CCM banner of Crosby, McDavid and Burns with photoshoot product. It’s funny because they’re all shown using the latest, greatest  sticks but none of them actually do. 

Whether it matters or not from a marketing perspective is a separate question, haha.

Wouldn't it be easy enough to have a particular stick dressed as something else though? Although some guys like Crosby are known to be extremely fickle with their equipment, even the graphics.

2 hours ago, CaptainFranchise said:

Generally, it seems like Bauer and Warrior do a better job of getting their top guys in product painted to look like current (or future) releases. Of course, they don’t turn over their whole stick line every year...

Fixed that for you. 

P. Kane is still using a TotalOne from 2009 (033 build code). There are a zillion other examples that we’ve probably beaten to death already. 

That said- most of the CCM you see this year is AS1, Trigger 3, and Jetspeed graphics. I think this applies more to their marquee names as opposed to the entire player base. 

Edited by Cavs019

2 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

Fixed that for you. 

P. Kane is still using a TotalOne from 2009 (033 build code). There are a zillion other examples that we’ve probably beaten to death already. 

Yeah, that does go without saying, no question. I’d be so curious to see how many players actually have/had ribs, a metal faceplate, a self-healing gel or any of the other unique features in their actual stick that the retail models have/had. 

• Haha 1

It would be neat if the All Star Game made them use retail sticks with retail curves. Bonus if you have a curve named after you, you have to use it. Ovi with a P88, Crosby with a P29, etc.🤣

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2019 at 2:22 AM, Cavs019 said:

V08 helmet

HG55 (CL500) gloves

Supertacks 1.0 stick

2015 Jetspeed skates

I always found it funny, the guys CCM uses to market their sticks after (Crosby, McDavid, Burns), all use other sticks.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:40 AM, start_today said:

Cool they they’ve found a way to add branded technology to jersey collars. Seems like an area that was holding back the game.

Hopefully we start seeing the new TitanLite nameplates soon. Heard they are supposed to shave off some grams and decrease wind resistance.  

I just noticed this watching Hometown Hockey on Sportsnet. Auston Matthews was shown in the dressing room before the game and he had blue tape over the Bauer branding on the neck and nape of his baselayer shirt.