Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

15 hours ago, the iceman said:

I just noticed this watching Hometown Hockey on Sportsnet. Auston Matthews was shown in the dressing room before the game and he had blue tape over the Bauer branding on the neck and nape of his baselayer shirt.

Even weirder because on the back of his collar was an under armor logo during the game.  I don’t normally notice things like that but it stuck out for me.

Looks like a hyperactive designer just started doodling and they went with it.  Is there any component on that skate that they didn’t embelish?  You have carbon fiber texture and swooshes and colors and stitching and uggg, I have to stop. It’s like the Vanilla Ice of hockey skates.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stick9 said:

Meanwhile, those FT2's look awesome.

Those skates aren't real ft2s although that's what they "look" like. I think those are the ribcors. You can see the heel has a piece sewed on and it even looks like a two piece boot. Also, it looks just airbrushed and dressed as the carbon is completely different. 

He didn't even use them in the skills. Wore his old jetspeeds....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

Those skates aren't real ft2s although that's what they "look" like. I think those are the ribcors. You can see the heel has a piece sewed on and it even looks like a two piece boot. Also, it looks just airbrushed and dressed as the carbon is completely different. 

He didn't even use them in the skills. Wore his old jetspeeds....

My guess would be they're whatever McDavid uses dressed as FT2's. 

• Like 1

e5ekowj.jpg……….

…..and what were those All Star unis? The white jerseys paired with the dark socks and miss matched pants stripe were low level beer league at best. Compared to what Notre Dame and Michigan had on display for the outdoor game. Not even close.

Edited by clarkiestooth
  • Like 1

I thought the weird stripe looked bad but otherwise it was a cool way to include each teams logo, i liked it.  Not a fan of Michigan’s or Notre Dame’s.oom in that pic.

it was funny to see Crosby getting ready in what appeared to be taped and patched up  Rbk/Jofa shoulders and elbow pads.  Stuff probably reeks.  When was that stuff out of production. For all the new gear at the asg i thought it stood out.

5 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

e5ekowj.jpg……….

…..and what were those All Star unis? The white jerseys paired with the dark socks and miss matched pants stripe were low level beer league at best. Compared to what Notre Dame and Michigan had on display for the outdoor game. Not even close.

Agree with the teal stripe but I thought they looked pretty good overall. The mismatched gold on the notre dame setup is pretty bad.

4 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

I thought the weird stripe looked bad but otherwise it was a cool way to include each teams logo, i liked it.  Not a fan of Michigan’s or Notre Dame’s.oom in that pic.

it was funny to see Crosby getting ready in what appeared to be taped and patched up  Rbk/Jofa shoulders and elbow pads.  Stuff probably reeks.  When was that stuff out of production. For all the new gear at the asg i thought it stood out.

I liked that Crosby kept his regular gloves. They went better with the jerseys than the gloves they were supposed to wear.

8 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

Maybe they all had to wear the same color socks so the only uniform/color switch would be the sweaters/jerseys and helmets which would be easier than changing everything in between games?

• Like 1

Always crazy to see absolute tank-like elbows and shins combined with something that barely qualifies as shoulder pads 🙂 (queue to image of suspenders with caps attached)