Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iammerson

Hockey helmet suggestions

So I have been wearing a Reebok 8k forever now and it is finally time for a new lid. I saw the ccm fit lite 60 and 80 and was definitely interested because of what should be a similar look and sizing. Only question I have is how is the interior. Anyone have any problems with those inserts falling out? Is there any other big difference between the two lids?

2 hours ago, iammerson said:

So I have been wearing a Reebok 8k forever now and it is finally time for a new lid. I saw the ccm fit lite 60 and 80 and was definitely interested because of what should be a similar look and sizing. Only question I have is how is the interior. Anyone have any problems with those inserts falling out? Is there any other big difference between the two lids?

Had the 80 and nothing fell out. IIRC the difference is that the 80 had that red gel padding on the sides and front while the 60 doesn't.

What have you found to be the best replacement for the 8k helmet so far? And for anyone to answer, what helmets on the market have a similar fit to the 8k? 

3 hours ago, Saint George said:

Cascade M11.  Exceptionally comfortable.  Unfortunately Bauer bought them and I can't tell which Bauer helmet has the same characteristics as the M11.

It was the IMS 11.0, but it was discontinued because "there was no interest"

I wore a IM7.0, and decided to keep it for my league games that required a cage, so I got a second helmet. I looked at the Fitlite 60 and 80, and when I put it on, the padding felt excessively hard, and wasn't comfortable. Ended up buying a ReAkt 75, No ragrats. 

4 hours ago, Saint George said:

Cascade M11.  Exceptionally comfortable.  Unfortunately Bauer bought them and I can't tell which Bauer helmet has the same characteristics as the M11.

The IMS 7.0 was the Bauer version of the M11. The IMS 11.0 was inspired by the M11 Pro. I owned both the M11 and IMS 7.0 and have since moved on to an Easton E700 helmet. They're all comfortable helmets for my head; the Easton is so much lighter than any other helmet though. They're all discontinued now though; so you can only find old stock at stores and online. 

I did try on a CCM Fitlite 3DS a while back and that was a very expensive, but very comfortable helmet. It certainly wasn't as light as the E700, but it actually felt a little lighter than the old M11 and IMS 7.0. 

Edited by althoma1

11 hours ago, cjpritch said:

What have you found to be the best replacement for the 8k helmet so far? And for anyone to answer, what helmets on the market have a similar fit to the 8k? 

From the people I have spoken with the ccm fitlite line particularly the fitlite 80 and 60 are the closest to the 8k.

I have been an exclusive 3DS wearer for a few years now, and they can be found for a more palatable price with a bit of patience and a saved eBay search. Well worth the effort, in my opinion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NiCnoK said:

I have been an exclusive 3DS wearer for a few years now, and they can be found for a more palatable price with a bit of patience and a saved eBay search. Well worth the effort, in my opinion.

What helmet did you wear before going to the 3DS?