Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Siponarius

Bauer with Speedblades

Are Bauers with Speedblades unheard of?

The reason why I ask is I'm going to FINALLY be getting a new pair of Nexus when they release. Even though I've been skating on Ribcor 68ks for the last 2 years, and they are great, they still have an odd fit. 

I've skated with Edge holder before, and I absolutely hated them. But these SB 4s, I definitely do like. 

Has anyone ever seen Bauers out in the wild with SBs on them?

• Like 1

I haven't as it's usually the other way around. It's not uncommon to see CCM skates with LS Edge holders on them, particularly in the NHL. I would be curious how they would fit on Bauer skates with how the rivet holes line up and if you need to put a shim in between them due to how high of an arch the Nexus skates have.

9 hours ago, Siponarius said:

Are Bauers with Speedblades unheard of?

The reason why I ask is I'm going to FINALLY be getting a new pair of Nexus when they release. Even though I've been skating on Ribcor 68ks for the last 2 years, and they are great, they still have an odd fit. 

I've skated with Edge holder before, and I absolutely hated them. But these SB 4s, I definitely do like. 

Has anyone ever seen Bauers out in the wild with SBs on them?

I've seen it -- it's rare, but hey. Do what works for you. The rivet holes line up, but the size labels are slightly different. My Tuuks are 296, but the SB4.0s are stamped as 295.

• Like 1