Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Bender94

So I blew up my last p08 apx2 what now?

Hello everyone,

former user, new name. It’s been years since I posted and I’m struggling with the search function on my iPhone.

essentially when the p08 was going away I horded every left handed 77 and 87 flex apx or apx2 I could get my hands on. 

8 sticks later they are gone and I’m am using a w28 yakupov currently, despite liking the curve does any company make a p08 anymore? I even tried to go custom through Bauer and nothing.

the w28 is wonderful, however with the p08 I found using it cut very short and basically throwing all your weight into the stick almost with a slight pre load and it became like a laser pointer for me. With the w28 it has changed my shooting mechanics slightly where I’m releasing somewhat in front of my body. 

Oddly enough I play defense and prefer these curves, however does anyone have reccomendations? Or is the w28 basically the most wicked open mid-toe curve I’m gonna find? 

At at the end of the day I could live with the p28, however like most players I’m picky and I want my damn p08’s back haha! 

Thanks guys

I got my son a ALL BLACK HOCKEY STICKS in the AB8 curve that looks like the equal to the P08. he is a righty (I shoot left) and a right curve always looks different to my eye but I think the curve is the same. I cant speak on how the stick feels (balance/weight/flex) compared to what you're using.

I have never heard of these sticks. I have always used top of the line equipment I occasionally cling to pieces I like such as those apx 1&2 as well as my light speed elbow pads lol. I’m very particular about sticks. Oddly enough I don’t think I’m the only person who misses the apx2 considering a fair amount of professional use them dressed as newer sticks. 

I mean I would say my nexus or warrior I have are “bad” In my opinion the apx2 blade felt better and my shot was overall harder than with the warrior. The nexus blade feels good and shoots hard, however it feels like it has a noticeably slow release. 

I haven’t owned anything, but Bauer, warrior and innovative sticks after I realized I hated synergy’s. Well since the ops era. 

for young members my first stick for mini mite was an aluminum shaft wood blade combo in 1996 so I have lost count on how many curves and sticks I owned befor ops days. 

I can’t comment on how the sticks perform only that they offer a P08 equivalent for $89.

I used two piece Innovative then Warrior, still do. I never liked the feel of the “true” OPS. My first stick was a Titan TPM 2020 

I just want to say thanks for asking. I just switched back to my APX P08 (lefty as well) and it's like falling in love a second time. I've been searching this forum and the internet for a new alternative.

Nothing definitive, but one of True's curves was listed as "similar" on one site. I doubt t it's a clone, but might be the closest III a reputable brand. Maybe start your search there (and let me know what you find out)

Something else to consider: even though APX and APX2 were listed as Low kick sticks, they did have somewhat of a “custom kick” based on hand positioning. Not sure who else is doing custom kicks these days, I think The new iteration of Jetspeed and Trues new A line is moving away from them. 

Vanx made a P08 for a while and I think Cannon still does...shipping those from Europe is probably not what you’re hoping for. That and the fact that they’re not top tier brands. But hey, they are other options, maybe.

This is rough. I tried my buddies rbz and the dual kick was nothing like the apx2. I wish they would release it again maybe with newer style carbon fiber like an “apx lite” I might investigate true curves. It’s really frustrating with some of these crazy curves because once you figure them out it’s unbelievable. I could never hit corners with a pm9 like I could with a p08 and If you keep your wrists closed and follow through reasonable you can send it low as well. Even the p28 is very good, however just not great like my p08.

strangest thing about all this is a lot of people who like p28/p08 love p92s and I have never ever been able to do what I want with that curve. I even get fluttering on snap shots for some reason with that curve semi frequently and I am not new to the game I played travel from 8-17 and continued playing since for the last 10 years Ice and roller. The p92 is the only curve I have ever struggled so much with. 

^ The toe on the 92 is way too open now. The old Sakic and then Draper was perfect. 

I’ve moved onto the W28. I prefer Warriors variant to Bauer’s. It’s worked out well. Maybe not the ideal curve but I get it to do what I want more often than not.

Closest BASE would have might be the Pro Anderson. There’s been chatter of them adding an Ovy Pro to their blade options, but I don’t think that’s available yet.