Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Langkow22

bauer to ccm

hey guys

time for new skates, mostly been a bauer guy but i have to admit I'm really liking the look of the ccm stuff atm. Only question i have is what are the differences between skating on the ccm holders vs the tuuks? 

Would you guys recommend i get the holders swapped to tuuks if i do go ccm boot or is it not really a difference.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Liking the look is irrelevant if they don't fit your feet. 

totally agree I've been scanned and measured and have come back as fitting into a 9.5d bauer supreme or ccm as1 

When i say i like the look of the ccm stuff what i really mean is i like the look of the one piece boot construction etc. Sorry i should've been more clear with that as i know countless people fall into the trap of "ooo that looks nice ill buy that online" 

• Like 1

I switched from Bauer to CCM last year. I’m happy with the FT1’s. The one piece boot is great. I didn’t really notice a difference between Tuuk and SB holders. I like the Hyperglide blades better than anything Bauer offers (haven’t tried LS5, though). 

I'm newer to hockey, so take my experience for what it is... but switched from bauer to ccm this year. At first i didn't notice a big difference, but i had issues once i skated backwards.

Pretty quick adjustment, in the end, but i was looking silly for a day or two when transitioning.

Funny, the pup is moving from CCM first generation Jetspeeds(290’s) to Supremes.  I’m interested to see if she notices a difference, she notices everything.  Her brother just goes meh, she’s all about everything.  Tells me tape is different, sure in her head, but only wants one brand of tape.

Steel, pitch, don’t know and should be interesting to hear the report.

This might have changed with the newer skates, but in the past CCMs were pitched more forward compared to Bauers, which are more neural in pitch. But now days, it doesn't matter because you can get your blades profiled to have the same pitch as what you're used to, eg neutral pitch to match your Bauers. No need to swap holders, unless you really want to. 

10 hours ago, EJB said:

Funny, the pup is moving from CCM first generation Jetspeeds(290’s) to Supremes.  I’m interested to see if she notices a difference, she notices everything.  Her brother just goes meh, she’s all about everything.  Tells me tape is different, sure in her head, but only wants one brand of tape.

Steel, pitch, don’t know and should be interesting to hear the report.

Jetspeed to Vapor would probably be a more natural move in terms of fit. Supreme's are going to have more volume than the Jetspeeds.

I went from Vapors to the FT1 and it was a pretty seamless transition. The FT1's fit my foot much better (compared to APX's) but I didn't notice any difference in holder between Tuuks and the SB holder - and I was someone who used to put Tuuks on everything, like Grafs back in the day.

• Like 2