Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
shoot_the_goalie

Drying gloves quickly on the road

Anybody have any neat tricks on how to dry gloves fairly quickly in the locker room without having access to power?  Sometimes I'll play, then have another game in an hour or so, and hate the feeling of wet gloves. (I could care less about other equipment).  Lots of the locker rooms I'm in don't have access to power so no access to blow dryers, etc.

If you have a car nearby, rig coat hangers to position the opening of the gloves on the vents and crank up the heater.
Never tried it myself, but I have seen it done back in the late '90's when I used to play a lot. 

• Like 1

The obvious answer would be a 2nd pair of gloves!, on days I play multiple games close together, I bring my my backup shoulder pads, elbow pads & gloves....I've even used a full backup set on a day when there was a couple hours between games...

• Like 5

Second set is best bet but if that isn't an option bring a clothes rack. An hour between isn't ideal but just let things air dry as much as possible. Also bring some spare bed sheets to lay on ground in case it is wet or whatever.

• Like 1

You won't dry a pair of gloves in a hour with a blow dryer or heat gun. Besides, you can get a decent second set of mitts for the price of that heat gun.

I would imagine a blow dryer won't dry them quickly enough and a heat gun will damage the palms if you use it at a high enough setting to actually speed up the drying time. I also agree to just get a second pair of mitts. 

I don't know what kind of craziness you guys are doing with heat guns, but I've actually used one a few times over the years to dry out the palms of a pair of hockey gloves.  Took me about 20 minutes and didn't damage anything.  Just don't be stupid about it.  Keep the gun moving and don't get it too close.  You definitely can't completely dry out the mitts in such a short time, but you can get them to a point that the palms don't feel any more than mildly damp.

Having said all that, I'd agree that a second pair is the smarter choice.

2 hours ago, boo10 said:

I don't know what kind of craziness you guys are doing with heat guns, but I've actually used one a few times over the years to dry out the palms of a pair of hockey gloves.  Took me about 20 minutes and didn't damage anything.  Just don't be stupid about it.  Keep the gun moving and don't get it too close.  You definitely can't completely dry out the mitts in such a short time, but you can get them to a point that the palms don't feel any more than mildly damp.

Having said all that, I'd agree that a second pair is the smarter choice.

Especially if you don't have access to electricity. A battery powered heat gun would be pretty pricey.