Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
sticktime

Wristbands

Want to switch from long sleeve wicking shirt to short sleeve but don’t want all the sweat rolling down my forearms and into my glove, and cause slipping grip.   

So I’m wondering if anybody who wears nothing under their shoulder pads or a short sleeve shirt also wears wrist bands.   

I guess my main concern if whether or not wristbands will feel too bulky as that’s where the glove cuff rolls around your wrist when your stick handling.   Don’t want to restrict wrist movement.   

I'd stay with the long sleeve shirt personally. They're much cooler.

That said, I used to use basic wrist bands at one point. Just the cheap Warrior ones. I didn't want slash protection or anything so they were fairly thin but did the job.

I also got these for hiking, but not sure how well they'd do for absorbing sweat since they're just meant for cooling purposes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UR4HW50/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bauer REALLY should make some wrist bands out of their 37.5 material, in a similar construction to their goalie sweat bands. They are FANTASTIC. 

3/4 sleeve shirt would be ideal, I used to wear my long sleeve compression with the sleeves folded back to right where my elbow meets my forearm. I found this to be the perfect length as it kept a layer under my elbow pads but my wrist area was uncovered. I've since had the tailored to be that ideal length.

I wear a sleeveless wicking shirt and sweat on my arms/hands isn't a problem. 

In the locker rooms I play in, I'd say 90% of people or more are in short sleeves with no wristbands.

Personally, I question the gospel that the evaporative cooling of wicking shirts does anything in hockey, since you have layers over it and I'm not sure it actually evaporates. But, we all have our own experiences for what we like. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, start_today said:

I wear a sleeveless wicking shirt and sweat on my arms/hands isn't a problem. 

In the locker rooms I play in, I'd say 90% of people or more are in short sleeves with no wristbands.

Personally, I question the gospel that the evaporative cooling of wicking shirts does anything in hockey, since you have layers over it and I'm not sure it actually evaporates. But, we all have our own experiences for what we like. 

I accidently left my long sleeve undershirt at home one recent game. After i got over being mad at myself, i noticed it felt like i had a giant fan blowing on me any time i was moving in the ice. I was far cooler with no shirt.

Still, i wear the long sleeve even though I'm hot. I like something between the pads and my skin, and i like that it absorbs sweat rather than letting it run everywhere.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, IPv6Freely said:

I'd stay with the long sleeve shirt personally. They're much cooler.

That said, I used to use basic wrist bands at one point. Just the cheap Warrior ones. I didn't want slash protection or anything so they were fairly thin but did the job.

I also got these for hiking, but not sure how well they'd do for absorbing sweat since they're just meant for cooling purposes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UR4HW50/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bauer REALLY should make some wrist bands out of their 37.5 material, in a similar construction to their goalie sweat bands. They are FANTASTIC. 

Like these?  I had a guy on my team who wore them, just assumed they were for players.    I dont like anything on my wrists when I play, but thankfully I'm not a in a slashing type league.  

I sweat a lot on the ice.. especially now in the summer season. I figured I was getting sweaty hands and hated the feeling in my gloves (I loved my old reebok 30k which had ventilation and now on CCM super tacks which are on the warm side). Palms would get funky and feel gloopy inside. On the off chance I got some wristbands and find they've now stopped about 90% of that feeling. They also cover my Fitbit as an added bonus. I don't find they interfere at all with my elbows or gloves.