Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ParabolicActivity

The new STX Surgeon RX3 gear is out.

Wow, these are some of the best looking gear I've laid my eyes on. STX is really on point with their design. Good thing they moved to a black base material - white gear stains so quickly and feels dirtier. IMO I think the Surgeon line is superior to the Stallion line.

In addition, does their online store have a massive error right now? Everything looks incredibly underpriced. For example, the new RX3 is showing up as $175. Shoulders are $110, etc. These are enormous price decreases from their previous top-of-the-line items.

f9iHimQ.png

Edited by BlueNux

Howdy,

I thought the whole point of them going to direct sales was to have way lower prices for consumers at "no cost" to themselves...

Mark

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I thought the whole point of them going to direct sales was to have way lower prices for consumers at "no cost" to themselves...

Mark

If it stays that way, it may put a hurting on the no name undercutting stick companies that sell direct to consumer. Same price, with a big name behind one; i know who I'd pick. I don't break sticks, so warranties mean very little, but the warranty policy from the no names is also pretty terrible from what i read.

20 minutes ago, Paddy said:

If it stays that way, it may put a hurting on the no name undercutting stick companies that sell direct to consumer. Same price, with a big name behind one; i know who I'd pick. I don't break sticks, so warranties mean very little, but the warranty policy from the no names is also pretty terrible from what i read.

Yeah there's no way anyone should really pick No Name at this point. STX bringing all of their research and technology for this price point is a way better value. Plus, free shipping and no risk 14 day trial.

I'm most excited about the new Surgeon protectives though. Can't wait for reviews. How do they actually compare to what's offered by Bauer/CCM/Warrior?

I scooped five RX2's when they went on sale earlier in the summer. With this new direct to consumer pricing I cannot imagine using another stick. At that price it is simply too good to pass up. 

I've really enjoyed the 2 STX sticks I have used (Stallion HPR and RX2).

Granted, I picked both up cheap when they went on clearance, but that doesn't diminish the fact they are both a quality product (meaning, I'm not letting the great deal on each factor into the bottom line that they are great sticks regardless). 

I was unaware this was their new business direction. I will certainly support them if the quality of the product remains the same. Those are some fantastic price points. 

It appears they only ship to the US as well. Not that I need to order right now, but eventually I'll probably want some new STX Surgeon gloves since the Surgeon 500s are currently my favourite gloves. I signed up for the site and tried to add a Canadian billing address, but there's only US as a country option. So that means I can't even order with my Canadian credit card and have it shipped to the US (like a hotel at a Modsquad event or a US based member). For most industries the Canadian market is rather small, but for hockey one would assume it'd be one their radar and hopefully they can work on affordable direct Canadian shipping (and not ground courier services like UPS and FedEx that have huge brokerage fees) or even free shipping over a certain dollar amount. One can hope anyway.

EDIT: I found this in their FAQ section regarding shipping outside of the US:

Unfortunately, we are only able to ship to the continental United States, Hawaii, and Alaska. For our fans in Canada and other parts of the world, we're working on bringing STX hockey equipment to you throughwww.store.stx.com.

Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch so you’ll be the first to know when it’s available in your region of the world!

So there's a glimmer of hope for those of us who don't live in the US.

Edited by althoma1

They also send you a 20% off code if you signup for their site which makes the deals even better for those of you who are in the US and can order.

1 hour ago, althoma1 said:

They also send you a 20% off code if you signup for their site which makes the deals even better for those of you who are in the US and can order.

I signed up but never got that code 😞 

9 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

I signed up but never got that code 😞 

It’ll probably take some time. This all just launched yesterday so I imagine they’re working overtime to fix any issues. 

I agree though, these prices are nuts. I wish I needed gear just to support them because I would love for this to be the future of hockey. These are the prices that consumers have always expected - not $300 on a new stick. 

10 minutes ago, BenBreeg said:

Nice, I need new elbow pads and would like to get new shins as well and am looking for something lower profile.  Looks like this is a really attractive option.

Before STX decided to go direct, our store got the demos for all of the new RX3 line and I was impressed with them at every level. 

Hi everyone! My name is Matt and I am the Brand Manger for STX. We are super excited to launch the Surgeon RX3 line as well as STX Direct. I am here to help with any question you may have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, STXHockey said:

Hi everyone! My name is Matt and I am the Brand Manger for STX. We are super excited to launch the Surgeon RX3 line as well as STX Direct. I am here to help with any question you may have. 

COUPONS AND PROMO CODES?!

34 minutes ago, STXHockey said:

Hello! Really excited as well. Not in the market immediately, but would love to get the below questions answered for research (and sharing with teammates if anyone needs them)!

Do you have the weight of medium size senior for the shoulder pads?

More specifically, how much lighter are they than the older Surgeons and Stallions and can you talk about how much sweat/water weight they keep off? 

The lower end shoulders look much more low profile - how much weight difference is there between those and the RX3, after accounting for typical sweat and water weight?

44 minutes ago, STXHockey said:

Also curious if the 14 Day No Risk also apply to gear like the elbow pads?  Really interested in trying them out, but would hate to get stuck with a pricey/risky return policy.

36 minutes ago, DaveyG said:

Also curious if the 14 Day No Risk also apply to gear like the elbow pads?  Really interested in trying them out, but would hate to get stuck with a pricey/risky return policy.

You consider their pricing on top-tier elbow pads high? You must be smoking some really good stuff.... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

You consider their pricing on top-tier elbow pads high? You must be smoking some really good stuff.... 

No, it's not that I consider the pricing high at all... it's more I've not worn Surgeon elbows before and if I don't have the option to see them at a local store then there's some risk that I might not like the fit since I've not worn elbows with a sleeve.

Edited by DaveyG