Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ParabolicActivity

The new STX Surgeon RX3 gear is out.

1 hour ago, BlueNux said:

Hello! Really excited as well. Not in the market immediately, but would love to get the below questions answered for research (and sharing with teammates if anyone needs them)!

Do you have the weight of medium size senior for the shoulder pads?

More specifically, how much lighter are they than the older Surgeons and Stallions and can you talk about how much sweat/water weight they keep off? 

The lower end shoulders look much more low profile - how much weight difference is there between those and the RX3, after accounting for typical sweat and water weight?

I have the weight for our Senior Large but I will ask our product team regarding the Senior Medium RX3 shoulder pad weight.  The RX3 shoulder pad features our HD2 foam throughout the pad that helps create a hydrophobic barrier to repel water and sweat.  We have also added HexLite foam throughout the pad for enhanced body mapping. We have added targeted zones of Ice Skin material to critical areas of the pad to help pull sweat from your body to the front of the pad for evaporation.  

4 hours ago, althoma1 said:

It appears they only ship to the US as well. Not that I need to order right now, but eventually I'll probably want some new STX Surgeon gloves since the Surgeon 500s are currently my favourite gloves. I signed up for the site and tried to add a Canadian billing address, but there's only US as a country option. So that means I can't even order with my Canadian credit card and have it shipped to the US (like a hotel at a Modsquad event or a US based member). For most industries the Canadian market is rather small, but for hockey one would assume it'd be one their radar and hopefully they can work on affordable direct Canadian shipping (and not ground courier services like UPS and FedEx that have huge brokerage fees) or even free shipping over a certain dollar amount. One can hope anyway.

EDIT: I found this in their FAQ section regarding shipping outside of the US:

Unfortunately, we are only able to ship to the continental United States, Hawaii, and Alaska. For our fans in Canada and other parts of the world, we're working on bringing STX hockey equipment to you throughwww.store.stx.com.

Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch so you’ll be the first to know when it’s available in your region of the world!

So there's a glimmer of hope for those of us who don't live in the US.

36 minutes ago, ParabolicActivity said:

X9. X9 X9 X9. Where is it? That's literally the most important question.

I love the X9 but unfortunately, when we were selling the RX/RX2 the X9 was not as popular as the X28, X92, and X88.  I wish we could offer more curves, but since we are offering a more affordable pricing structure we had to cut back on our SKUs.  I personally use the X91.  If you are interested in the X9 we do offer a very aggressive custom stick program.  The custom stick program is less expensive then our competitors Elite level sticks.  I can dive into this program for you if you are interested.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, STXHockey said:

I love the X9 but unfortunately, when we were selling the RX/RX2 the X9 was not as popular as the X28, X92, and X88.  I wish we could offer more curves, but since we are offering a more affordable pricing structure we had to cut back on our SKUs.  I personally use the X91.  If you are interested in the X9 we do offer a very aggressive custom stick program.  The custom stick program is less expensive then our competitors Elite level sticks.  I can dive into this program for you if you are interested.  

Well, there are sure to be a ton of questions about that. So yes, please, details!

5 hours ago, althoma1 said:

It appears they only ship to the US as well. Not that I need to order right now, but eventually I'll probably want some new STX Surgeon gloves since the Surgeon 500s are currently my favourite gloves. I signed up for the site and tried to add a Canadian billing address, but there's only US as a country option. So that means I can't even order with my Canadian credit card and have it shipped to the US (like a hotel at a Modsquad event or a US based member). For most industries the Canadian market is rather small, but for hockey one would assume it'd be one their radar and hopefully they can work on affordable direct Canadian shipping (and not ground courier services like UPS and FedEx that have huge brokerage fees) or even free shipping over a certain dollar amount. One can hope anyway.

EDIT: I found this in their FAQ section regarding shipping outside of the US:

Unfortunately, we are only able to ship to the continental United States, Hawaii, and Alaska. For our fans in Canada and other parts of the world, we're working on bringing STX hockey equipment to you throughwww.store.stx.com.

Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch so you’ll be the first to know when it’s available in your region of the world!

So there's a glimmer of hope for those of us who don't live in the US.

We are working hard to bring STX to Canada. We currently have a few dealers in Canada who sell STX equipment but the prices will not be the same.  

Edited by STXHockey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Well, there are sure to be a ton of questions about that. So yes, please, details!

If you could provide me with your email I will have our Ignite Rep reach out to you to walk you through our program.

1 hour ago, STXHockey said:

Where can I find more information on the custom stick order program? We have quite a few teams that would be very interested in this. 

For those whinging about a 'small' market in canada..

Remember us Australians 😞

I am rocking a STX Surgeon RX ... and cant find anywhere with stock of RH P88 of the RX2.. and now the RX3 cant be shipped 😞

9 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I signed up but never got that code 😞 

Check your junk folder. That's where I found mine ended up at first. 

33 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

Check your junk folder. That's where I found mine ended up at first. 

Yeah, I checked for it but it never came through. I manage my own mail server so I would have seen it. 

11 hours ago, STXHockey said:

Hi everyone! My name is Matt and I am the Brand Manger for STX. We are super excited to launch the Surgeon RX3 line as well as STX Direct. I am here to help with any question you may have. 

What are the construction/feature differences between the Senior and Junior RX3 sticks? How about the Junior lies? Are they different than what's listed on the chart?

Looks amazing, great pricing too. Gonna have to pickup some gloves, elbows, and shins soon. Pants and shoulders are on the radar too.

Why do the shoulder pads not having the strap covers anymore?

Will there be no gear availible to demo in stores? 

I didn't see anything in my email about 20% off either.

Edited by alien7364

12 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Where can I find more information on the custom stick order program? We have quite a few teams that would be very interested in this. 

Nicholas G if you could provide me with your email I will get you in touch with our Ignite Rep to walk you through the program. 

3 hours ago, alien7364 said:

Looks amazing, great pricing too. Gonna have to pickup some gloves, elbows, and shins soon. Pants and shoulders are on the radar too.

Why do the shoulder pads not having the strap covers anymore?

Will there be no gear availible to demo in stores? 

I didn't see anything in my email about 20% off either.

It's not the first email. The first email went to my inbox immediately. Then a second email appeared in my junk folder with the code about 15 minutes later. 

Just placed an order for an RX3 about 2 hours ago.

Between the price point, 20% off, and free shipping, it seemed like a no brainer. 

Excited for the new direction STX is taking. 

How is everyone getting their 20% off code? I signed up yesterday and didn’t even get a signup confirmation email. Is there some special page everyone signed up on?

Edited by BlueNux

3 hours ago, BlueNux said:

How is everyone getting their 20% off code? I signed up yesterday and didn’t even get a signup confirmation email. Is there some special page everyone signed up on?

BlueNux thank you for signing up.  Please check your Spam and or Junk email it most likely is in one of those two folders.  

Edited by STXHockey

7 hours ago, althoma1 said:

It's not the first email. The first email went to my inbox immediately. Then a second email appeared in my junk folder with the code about 15 minutes later. 

Didn't get anything.

Is Chase going to get his hands on this sweet new gear to review? @IW Team - Chase

Why would STX give product to a retailer when their products are only available via their online store through direct to the consumer sales.

If they wanted user feedback and reviews they should reach out to @JR Boucicaut about doing a long-term product review on this site.

Edited by mojo122

Figured it out if you didn't get the code.  There is a form when you first go on the web site which is what I filled out.  That apparently isn't it.  Then when you go to the equipment page another form pops up.  That is the one you need to fill out to get the code, you are actually registering on the site.  A little confusing because filling out the first form resulted in nothing, not even a confirmation e-mail that I had joined a mailing list or anything.

4 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Why would STX give product to a retailer when their products are only available via their online store through direct to the consumer sales.

Because IW's videos get a fair bit of eyes and Chase and Dan have done product insight videos before. Not sure about STX's West Coast distribution either, but IW could make a good partner.

You give demo products to the bigger retailers like Pure, Monkey, whoever is big in Canada so customers can actually touch the gear.

• Facepalm 2