Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Novotnoa

JetSpeed price vs other com sticks

Anyone know why the JetSpeed stick is $30 less than other ccm sticks? At first I thought it was gonna be the new price point and I was stoked. However the super tacks As1 is still $279 so what’s the deal?

19 hours ago, goalieman39 said:

Jetspeed line didn't do well last time, so I believe they are just trying to encourage more sales.

The previous line was terrible, IMO. That design with the "kick plate" on the front. UGH. Nightmares.

Actually the previous line was the RBZ line on the stick side. the Jetspeed stick is not just a different paint, this is a new construction and a new shaft geometry and a new kick point they call it the hybrid kick point. the rbz was a custom kick point.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 2:53 PM, goalieman39 said:

Jetspeed line didn't do well last time, so I believe they are just trying to encourage more sales.

That’s what I was thinking, the funny thing is, if you go on hockeymonkey the Ft1 still cost more than the new JetSpeed. 😂👌

On 8/31/2018 at 12:24 PM, Ghoose69 said:

Actually the previous line was the RBZ line on the stick side. the Jetspeed stick is not just a different paint, this is a new construction and a new shaft geometry and a new kick point they call it the hybrid kick point. the rbz was a custom kick point.

What is the breakdown between a custom and a hybrid kick point? Which one is most like my STX Surgeons?

10 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

What is the breakdown between a custom and a hybrid kick point? Which one is most like my STX Surgeons?

Custom: Constant Flex Profile - No place on the shaft is stiffer than another, hence custom. Wherever your bottom hand hits the shaft is where it will kick.

Hybrid: Flexible Handle leading to a very stiff area around the CCM logo on the shaft, the taper below that is flexible too, so you have 2 loading zones on either side of the stiff hinge. This falls between a mid kick point (soft handle and stiff taper)  and a low kick (soft taper and stiff handle)

It should be noted than none of the flex profiles are necessarily "better" than another... they just feel different

If you want something that feels familiar coming from a Surgeon, try the Jetspeed or Ribcor.

• Like 1

Funny I thought the same thing regarding price when looking at the top sticks from CCM. Picked up a Jetspeed in P28 and its working out well. I do like the "hybrid" kick point, snap shots come off just as hard as my True sticks. Coming from P92 I'm adjusting to the new curve.

Edited by ViperRy