Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Steve_v3

Max Pacioretty to Las Vegas

Had no idea this went down till I saw an ESPN alert on my way to work haha. Good for Max. We'll see if the Habs' management group can make something out of this trade. I do like Suzuki as a prospect though. I don't know if its fair to factor in what GMGM originally gave up to get Tatar but there are a lot of draft picks that have left the VGK stable over the last couple of months. Interesting to see how this all pans out.

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610

I haven't been happy with a lot of Bergevin's moves over the past couple seasons, however; this trade is pretty good considering everyone in the league knew Montreal wanted to move Pacioretty and he'll need a new contract at the end of the year. They get a great prospect who plays centre, a good current NHL player, plus a pick. It's more than I thought they'd get. I think Pacioretty will have a good year for Vegas, but he'll also be looking for a big raise next summer. 

1 hour ago, clarkiestooth said:

Vegas paid waaaay too much for a one year rental player who seems to be on a fairly precipitous decline. They must feel they have a good shot at the Cup. I'm not so sure.

He has scored 30 goals a season except for the last on an hilariously bad team in which he still had a 21 goal pace. He scored 35 the year before... one meh season is hardly proof of a decline. Not to mention they traded for him knowing they'd have an extension signed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

I had read somewhere today that Pacioretty signing an extension with VGK was a condition of the trade.

It was. Same reason the trade to the Kings fell apart. Couldn’t reach an agreement.