Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tvaughan4

CCM Jetspeed stick

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I can't find anything on it. 

Anyone know what the Jetspeed stick plays like?  Flex? Blade feel? Etc... 

I'm hoping it's similar to the old Nexus 1000.

Thanks for any help. 

Edited by tvaughan4

1 hour ago, 60PlusWinger said:

The blade is very soft. It does not play anything like a Nexus 1000. R shaft is a love or hate shape and the stick is not particularly light. 

I'm not a fan of soft blades. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Any suggestions on finding something similar to the Nexus 1000?

9 hours ago, tvaughan4 said:

I'm not a fan of soft blades. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Any suggestions on finding something similar to the Nexus 1000?

Depending on what hand you are, curve and flex your best bet would be pro stock. Not much plays like the 1000 unless you follow up the line 8000/1N/1N 2.0/2NPro. Quite a few guys still using R32 (Nexus 1000 pro build code)

11 minutes ago, Hills said:

I don't find the blade very soft...

Well CCM added a dampening layer on their pocket in blade and the jet speed is in fact they’re soft is feeling blade out of all three of the lines. Not sure what to tell you other than that but you probably already knewNot sure what to tell you other than that but you probably already knew

Softest feeling. The blade has no ribs or foams really it’s a play on the RBZ speed pocket blade. IMO poor puck feel, damp and not very lively or crisp. Rigidity isn’t the issue. FWIW pucks fly off the blade. Shoots hard.

51 minutes ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Softest feeling. The blade has no ribs or foams really it’s a play on the RBZ speed pocket blade. IMO poor puck feel, damp and not very lively or crisp. Rigidity isn’t the issue. FWIW pucks fly off the blade. Shoots hard.

got it.  what would you say is a comparable shooting stick?  I'm currently using a RibCor and I like it, but it's low kick, and doesn't really give that smooth/effortless motion when I shoot.  If that makes any sense...

6 minutes ago, tvaughan4 said:

got it.  what would you say is a comparable shooting stick?  I'm currently using a RibCor and I like it, but it's low kick, and doesn't really give that smooth/effortless motion when I shoot.  If that makes any sense...

That does make sense. You don’t get that from the Ribcor because of the shaft design. If I were you I’d go for a Supertacks 2.0 as a smooth mid kick. That or a 1N/2NPRO. I’ve never really gotten a smooth release sensation from any low kick. Maybe with the exception of a CX.

On 9/28/2018 at 1:44 PM, tvaughan4 said:

Do you mean soft as in not very stiff?  or soft as in damp and not very lively?  I think that was the confusion.  I took you to mean not very stiff.

He can say what he wants. But I would take his word with a massive grain of salt. I just shot the Jetspeed, Trigger 2, 2018 Nexus 1N, QRE, QRL. It feels more pingy and lively than the Trigger 2 and QRE but not as much as the QRL. Pretty close to the Nexus. What RibCor do you have?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Hills said:

He can say what he wants. But I would take his word with a massive grain of salt. I just shot the Jetspeed, Trigger 2, 2018 Nexus 1N, QRE, QRL. It feels more pingy and lively than the Trigger 2 and QRE but not as much as the QRL. Pretty close to the Nexus. What RibCor do you have?

Yea take what I have to say with a massive grain of salt because Hills has a problem with me and can’t separate accuracy with personality preference. 

41 minutes ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Yea take what I have to say with a massive grain of salt because Hills has a problem with me and can’t separate accuracy with personality preference. 

😂 okay

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Hills said:

😂 okay

Solid response... when it comes down to it you’ve got a beef with someone you’ve never met via the internet with the sack to suggest that I don’t know what I’m talking about based on posts you have read and your perception of them. Deep down, face to face, man to man and some factual credentials you just look like a modsquadhockey.com hero know it all with a big mouth. Many don’t like me but that only matters if I give a shit but that doesn’t take away from what I do or do not know. However, with that being said... if your aspirations are reputation points on a forum and getting picked for to be a Warrior VIP I think you’ve nailed down your life goals. I don’t think you would be so liberal if your back was to a wall. Don’t take any of that with a grain of salt. There is nothing to misinterpret there. You’re a punk. But I’ll give all of your posts thumbs up just so you can feel like your oxygen was put to good use. 

Edited by 60PlusWinger

19 minutes ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Solid response... when it comes down to it you’ve got a beef with someone you’ve never met via the internet with the sack to suggest that I don’t know what I’m talking about based on posts you have read and your perception of them. Deep down, face to face, man to man and some factual credentials you just look like a modsquadhockey.com hero know it all with a big mouth. Many don’t like me but that only matters if I give a shit but that doesn’t take away from what I do or do not know. However, with that being said... if your aspirations are reputation points on a forum and getting picked for to be a Warrior VIP I think you’ve nailed down your life goals. I don’t think you would be so liberal if your back was to a wall. Don’t take any of that with a grain of salt. There is nothing to misinterpret there. You’re a punk. But I’ll give all of your posts thumbs up just so you can feel like your oxygen was put to good use. 

Please calm down.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Anyway, is the Jetspeed kick point similar to an STX, where my hand placement has an effect on how the shaft reacts?

Thats what I had heard.  I think this is their Nexus competitor. 

42 minutes ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Anyway, is the Jetspeed kick point similar to an STX, where my hand placement has an effect on how the shaft reacts?

From what I've seen, that's what they claim. The shaft is softer near the blade, gets stiff in the middle, and then is softer in the handle. So depending on where your hand is place, it will react differently. 

Edited by puckpilot

17 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

The member in question has been suspended indefinitely. 

There is no place for this behavior on MSH. 

Parents, don’t let your children drink water from the hahbah

On 9/29/2018 at 5:40 PM, Cavs019 said:

I want to say that’s similar in design to the original Bauer G3. 

That would be cool.  I had a G3 a while back and that was a fun shooting stick as well.  Might have to give the Jetspeed a shot.

Thanks for the responses (most of them...).  😜  That went off the rails there for a minute...

Edited by tvaughan4
  • Like 1