Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Furyan

Old JetSpeed 2015 replacement

Hey guys

Probably it is gonna be a short question, but I really confused with replacement my current pair of Jetspeeds that I've bought in 2015

It is best fitting skates for me personally, but i need to replace them cause they became soft

I dont want (i've tryed) to switch to FT1, because they a different and not so comfy that JS15

Cannot decide which is model really closer to JS15 - FT380, FT380 or FT370

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Furyan said:

Hey guys

Probably it is gonna be a short question, but I really confused with replacement my current pair of Jetspeeds that I've bought in 2015

It is best fitting skates for me personally, but i need to replace them cause they became soft

I dont want (i've tryed) to switch to FT1, because they a different and not so comfy that JS15

Cannot decide which is model really closer to JS15 - FT380, FT380 or FT370

Thanks in advance!

Wait until early 2019 for the new Jet Speed stuff. Youll thank me later. 

2 hours ago, Furyan said:

Are they really similar? Unfortunately, I don't have an opportunity to try..

They should be similar based on the specs, but I don't have specific experience with that skate so hopefully someone else who does will chime in.

One thing that changed for sure is the sizing. If you were say a size 8D in the old 2015 Jetspeeds then you'd need to go up to an 8.5D in the current FT lineup. Read this post from the CCM product manager:

1 hour ago, Nicholas G said:

Wait until early 2019 for the new Jet Speed stuff. Youll thank me later. 

Cant wait -))

Do you have any details? Worth it is for waiting? -)

1 hour ago, althoma1 said:

They should be similar based on the specs, but I don't have specific experience with that skate so hopefully someone else who does will chime in.

One thing that changed for sure is the sizing. If you were say a size 8D in the old 2015 Jetspeeds then you'd need to go up to an 8.5D in the current FT lineup. Read this post from the CCM product manager:

Yepp, thanks, I know the sizing turbulence case with FT gen of ccm skates

In fact my question is much more about fit, not sizing

According of everything I've read FT390 is a copy of Jetspeed 2015, as far I understand

Is it true?

1 hour ago, Furyan said:

Cant wait -))

Do you have any details? Worth it is for waiting? -)

I can't say too much about it since I am under NDA, but the 2019 Jet Speed line is going to blow everyone away. The top two price points will absolutely destroy Bauer. I was VERY impressed with the 2019 like of Jet Speed skates and it takes A LOT to impress me. 

48 minutes ago, Furyan said:

According of everything I've read FT390 is a copy of Jetspeed 2015, as far I understand

Is it true?

Somewhat true. The fit is the same but the materials are slightly better. 

On 10/4/2018 at 2:27 PM, Furyan said:

Is it true?

FT390 is probably going to feel stiffer than original Jetspeed due to the Speedcore 3.

The FT380 would likely feel closest as it uses Speedcore 2 which was in the original Jetspeed. This is from my own experience, based on two pairs of Jetspeeds (original gen), Jetspeed Control (FT380 based SMU with FT390 and FT1 upgrades) and Jetspeed FT385 (another SMU, you can google the differences but it's Speedcore 3 based like the FT390) that my son has worn/owned in the past 3 seasons.

Except for the garbage CCM eyelets, these skates are excellent.

colins

Edited by colins

On 10/4/2018 at 3:15 PM, Nicholas G said:

I can't say too much about it since I am under NDA, but the 2019 Jet Speed line is going to blow everyone away. The top two price points will absolutely destroy Bauer. I was VERY impressed with the 2019 like of Jet Speed skates and it takes A LOT to impress me. 

Please dear lord tell us they've stopped using those garbage aluminum CCM stamped eyelets??

colins