Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest phillyfan

Blade durability

Guest phillyfan

Usually play some hockey around the house or at a local roller rink for fun in my free time. I usually try not to use the composites outside, but shafts with wood blades at times. My question, is there any way to preserve, or delay the destruction that asphalt causes the wood blade? I've wrapped many layers of tape, hasn't worked, was thinking of applying some sort of adhesive, but not sure what to experiment with. Thank you for your help.

there is no real solution worth the time it takes to do it. the surface is going to destroy the blade over time eventually. my best advise would be just to find crappy blades on closeout or something and just use and toss them.

Guest 2048

Toe-pro might work, alternatively you could just buy an ABS blade and use that.

Try CCM, Jofa or Koho's hybrid blades. The more expensive ones (CCM 1052 etc) are light and stiff and since they have a ABS core, hold up really well in roller.

i use wax thats used by skateboarders on the bottoms of my composite blades. It seems the blades last a little longer. I think its worth a try, its only like $2-3 at a surf/skate shop.

Guest phillyfan

I'll try the toe-pro, and the skateboard wax. If nothing prevails, I'll give the CCM ABS blade a shot. I've used a Bauer and Easton ABS blade, both were horrible. The "Skin" of the blade became unattatched to the actual blade, making the blade straight and bowed.

Guest 2048

I'd give the bauer abs blade another shot, I've worn through five of them and haven't ever had the problem you had.

Guest phillyfan

I'll give the CCM/Bauer ABS blades a shot when the time comes. Only reason I am skeptical is the horrible defect that was completely obvious, but was not considered "warrantable" because it was a blade.

I'd give the bauer abs blade another shot, I've worn through five of them and haven't ever had the problem you had.

Add me to that list. Have about 5 of them sitting in my basement for when i need them. I got them pretty cheap too. I've tried just about every blade, and the Bauer is definately one of the top ABS blades out there.

Not sure if its the same blade you use but this is a pic of the ones i use.

http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/032004/bauABS.JPG

Guest phillyfan

The one I tried was exactly like that, besides the fact it had different paint graphics. They were Red, White and Black graphics, not just Black.