Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nyquil

Bauer IMS 9.0 helmet help

Hey guys so I bought a Bauer IMS 9.0 helmet and it came without the plugs behind the ear to attach a facemask.  No big deal I bought an AR Helmet Repair kit.  I screwed the dome screws in but my Jofa cage clips would not lock in on them.  So I decided to try with the clips that the kit provides but there is no way I can force them to connect.  I've tried just between my hands and it with it attached to the helmet.  Am I doing something wrong?

These are dome screws right?

Ta9kK9Nm.jpg

Here is me using all my strength to force them together.

https://i.imgur.com/8mGUVDS.gifv

Edited by nyquil

I've tried them attached to the helmet.  Tried using the palm of my hand, tried rocking back and forth and they wouldn't go.

Edited by nyquil

33 minutes ago, nyquil said:

I've tried them attached to the helmet.  Tried using the palm of my hand, tried rocking back and forth and they wouldn't go.

I promise it will go. Just keep putting pressure on it. 

10 hours ago, nyquil said:

Hey guys so I bought a Bauer IMS 9.0 helmet and it came without the plugs behind the ear to attach a facemask.  No big deal I bought an AR Helmet Repair kit.  I screwed the dome screws in but my Jofa cage clips would not lock in on them.  So I decided to try with the clips that the kit provides but there is no way I can force them to connect.  I've tried just between my hands and it with it attached to the helmet.  Am I doing something wrong?

These are dome screws right?

Ta9kK9Nm.jpg

Here is me using all my strength to force them together.

https://i.imgur.com/8mGUVDS.gifv

I've had the same, do some diy repair on it. You need a fine rat tail file and a bit of patience, file around the clip hole, test it, repeat until it clips on. Often it doesn't take much.