Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Customer frustrations with Warrior Alpha shins calf strap

We just got in a decently large shipment of Warrior shins. I have used the Alpha QX Pro in the past and had no issues but it seems Warrior changed the rear calf strap recently. It's REALLY SHORT.

Not a single player who has tried on a 14" - 16" is able to get that rear calf strap around and attached to the velcro. Is anyone else seeing this? Did we just get a bad order? I have a hard time telling someone who is spending $150 on a shinguard to cut straps off for them to fit properly I noticed this only on the top end models, the Alpha QX Pro and Alpha QX. 

I didn't purchase solely because the straps were way too snug.  And it's not like I have huge lower legs at all. 

I went with a different brand that fit great all around. Just couldn't see the point in buying new shins and having to cut the straps right away to make them work, when another brand offered me everything. 

21 hours ago, OzziesDad said:

I didn't purchase solely because the straps were way too snug.  And it's not like I have huge lower legs at all. 

I went with a different brand that fit great all around. Just couldn't see the point in buying new shins and having to cut the straps right away to make them work, when another brand offered me everything. 

Yeah. All of our customers are going with CCM since they have that new calf strap system on the Jet Speed shins which is great. Just don't understand who in the world thought this tiny slice of cheese would be long enough for any normal sized person. You would have to have zero calves in order to strap it. So stupid. 

10 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Yeah. All of our customers are going with CCM since they have that new calf strap system on the Jet Speed shins which is great. Just don't understand who in the world thought this tiny slice of cheese would be long enough for any normal sized person. You would have to have zero calves in order to strap it. So stupid. 

i got mine when they were released so i don't know if the strap is maybe a touch longer, but it only reaches about to the middle of the velcro. I tried the CCM QLT at the same time as trying the alpha and didn't really like the straps or the way the pads sat on my legs, kinda looking at changing the alpha shin guards though as the strap is getting a touch annoying, i haven't tried the Jetspeed pads.