Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
2nhockey

Widest Skates

6 minutes ago, 2nhockey said:

Thank you. Son has super extra wide feet. Currently in Bauer Supreme 170 EE's but he says he wants just a bit wider. Maybe we'll try some True if I can find them.

Goalie Monkey is the only place I've seen non-custom True at retail. Not sure if anyone else has them though. 

Strangely, in goalie skates Vapors are wider than Supremes.  Don't ask me why.  Try a Vapor EE and see if it gives him a little more room.  One other thing would be to look at the footbed in his skates and see if it has the little tabs on it.  The one on the 1S doesn't because it's a goalie specific footbed, but I don't know what they're putting in the S170.  If the footbed does have those tabs, trimming them  off should give him some extra room in the toe if that's where he needs it.

Edited by psulion22

If you have an LHS that has the Bauer 3D Skate Lab the scan can be selected for goal skates.  Vapor goal is wider and deeper and Supreme is narrower and shallower.  

Strange, but thanks for the help!

No LHS - we have to mail order. Actually kind of leaning to CCM Tacks right now, even with the cowling. Is that a pretty wide skate?

Never thought of that on the tabs, but... he needs a longer skate, too so it is just time for new skates.

4 hours ago, 2nhockey said:

Strange, but thanks for the help!

No LHS - we have to mail order. Actually kind of leaning to CCM Tacks right now, even with the cowling. Is that a pretty wide skate?

Never thought of that on the tabs, but... he needs a longer skate, too so it is just time for new skates.

Honesty never tried them. Absolutely zero interest in CCM goal skates. Maybe if I swapped the cowlings but honestly for goal skates I can’t imagine switching to something else at this point.

5 minutes ago, 2nhockey said:

Why no interest in CCM's? Just satisfied with Bauer, or...?

I wear VH, not Bauer. 

I wouldn’t buy another skate with cowlings, is the primary reason. 

The perfect skate for me before I bought my VH/True were the old Reebok since they accomodated my super-wide forefoot and super-narrow heel. I pumped the pump to the max to lock my heel. But the fit of that line supposedly changed with the switch from the Reebok to CCM branding is what I had read, so I knew I was destined for the True skate. If the CCM Ribcore boot would have stayed the same, I could have saved some SERIOUS money because I would have waited to buy some on sale.

Please don’t groan “but this skate has a very ugly cowling”, but the Vaughn boot is quite wide, and it was originally slated to be a cowlingless skate. Throw a Bauer Vertexx holder on and you’d be golden.

2 skates ago he was in an old CCM and he loved it. Wish I could find a bigger version of those. That would've been a size 5.5. Now he's in 8EE Supremes, and they are too short and too narrow so I am placing an order for size 9EE Vapors now. Yeah, the Vaugh cowling is a look only a mother could love, but price and sizing options are sending me to Bauer, and if Vapors are wider... guess I'm ordering Vapors.