Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JONES199

Bauer Supreme 2S vs 2S pro skates

Time for new skates.  Trying to discern the meaningful difference between the 2S and the 2S pro.  Currently in MX3's. Always been in either a 190 or 1S level of skate.  Goes up 1/2 size at a time so he's not in them for very long. 

He doesn't like/use the speed plates so are the blades the meaningful difference?

We also considered the custom program but not sure what that would add?

The custom program gives you the ability to customise the 2s, such as having traditional lacing or injected lacing, but it also means a better and closer fit. I assume this is for a youth, in which case custom would be a bad idea due to growth. 

I'm in the 2S right now and actually like it better than the 2S Pro when I tried them both on. I don't like the new lacing system on the 2S Pro and the 2S is just right in terms of stiffness for me (they're practically the same, but the 2S might be like half a point less stiff - you probably couldn't get me to pass a blind test though). The best part is the fit - these are REALLY snug skates. I went though insane number of pairs and these were the best. I had Bauer bumps before and had to wear sleeves around my ankle/heel, but no longer need them due to the ample cushioning in the heel area.

The skates are for a bantam.

Am i correct that the Bauer custom is more about configuring the skate?  Are the sizes standard or are they creating a custom last of the foot from the 3D scan?

54 minutes ago, JONES199 said:

The skates are for a bantam.

Am i correct that the Bauer custom is more about configuring the skate?  Are the sizes standard or are they creating a custom last of the foot from the 3D scan?

They are making 3D printouts of each foot and building the skate around those. 

2 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

They are making 3D printouts of each foot and building the skate around those. 

Exactly, they can do 1/4 size increments, with different sizes and widths for each foot. Most people do have slightly different feet, I have 6.5D and 6.75EE feet. Fortunately my legs are the same length. 

• Like 1

I went with the 2S over the 2S Pro for a couple reasons.  The price, the 2S is plenty for my level of play, I like traditional eyelets, and I didn't want or need the extra things that go along with maintaining black steel.  I also knew I would be purchasing an additional set of steel, so that cost was considered as well.

• Like 1

Bumping an old thread - does anyone know if Supremes are still built on an oversized last? I.e is the retail D a true E?

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 1

Not sure on the last but I may be able to help if you are between sizes.  My son was laser measured at the experience store, some measurements were D other EE, time was a factor so we purchased EE.  Big mistake on my part, should have gone with the Ds and had them beat out.  Ended up ordering the customs 6 weeks later. If between sizes and have time get customs if you need today get the narrower skate.