Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nicemuck

Foot scan attributes- what size/model would you think matches up??

So I recently got my feet scanned a few times by the Bauer 3D lab, here are my attributes:

Foot size- L: 7 1/4   R:7 3/4

Foot width-  L: D    R: D/E

Heel depth- L: large   R: large

Instep height- L: high  R: high

Ankle wrap - L: medium   R: medium 

Forefoot height- L: medium   R: high

Arch height- L: high    R: high

based on the above,  what skate models do you think best match up to those attributes??? I received a couple different results....

I’ve tried on a great variety of skates and none really seem to “feel” right.. so I’m curious if I’m missing something else by the scans...

Thanks

Surely the scan would tell you the best fit. I’m guessing you are a Nexus, or borderline Supreme. I take it you’ve read online guides to fitting skates? 

2 hours ago, nicemuck said:

Yes the scan did give me results albeit it different each time... no online guides... I’ve just worn a ton of different skates...

What results did it give, and were the different results from different shops? 

It seems like my feet are all over the place on the spectrum...

funny...nexus wasn’t listed..

supreme in 7 EE, 7.5D, and 7.5 EE

ive worn supreme 7.5D and I feel like the heel is too small and my foot/ankle is never deep enough back there for good support. 

15 minutes ago, Leif said:

What results did it give, and were the different results from different shops? 

4 hours ago, CigarScott said:

If the heel/ankle area in the Supreme is too small then you'd either have to try Nexus or Tacks.

Racks stiffer than nexus in equivalent price points? I remember feeling tacks awhile back and they felt Uber stiff

10 hours ago, nicemuck said:

So I recently got my feet scanned a few times by the Bauer 3D lab, here are my attributes:

Foot size- L: 7 1/4   R:7 3/4

Foot width-  L: D    R: D/E

Heel depth- L: large   R: large

Instep height- L: high  R: high

Ankle wrap - L: medium   R: medium 

Forefoot height- L: medium   R: high

Arch height- L: high    R: high

based on the above,  what skate models do you think best match up to those attributes??? I received a couple different results....

I’ve tried on a great variety of skates and none really seem to “feel” right.. so I’m curious if I’m missing something else by the scans...

Thanks

Your scan is almost exactly like mine. I found the Vapor/JetSpeed in an EE fit nicely. In my specific case an FT1 in 7.5EE or a Vapor in 7.0EE. No idea why the 0.5 size difference but that's just the way it works out for my feet anyway. 

49 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Your scan is almost exactly like mine. I found the Vapor/JetSpeed in an EE fit nicely. In my specific case an FT1 in 7.5EE or a Vapor in 7.0EE. No idea why the 0.5 size difference but that's just the way it works out for my feet anyway. 

That’s funny because I continue to just go back to old vapor x7.0 tech mesh boots that are 7.5 EE....

what skates are you in now that are working for you ? I haven’t tried the JetSpeeds because none of my local shops seem to carry a EE.  I was bulging out around my instep quite a bit in the D’s if I recall

3 hours ago, nicemuck said:

That’s funny because I continue to just go back to old vapor x7.0 tech mesh boots that are 7.5 EE....

what skates are you in now that are working for you ? I haven’t tried the JetSpeeds because none of my local shops seem to carry a EE.  I was bulging out around my instep quite a bit in the D’s if I recall

I have a couple pairs of True skates but also use JetSpeed and Vapor skates as well. Owning a shop I try to test as much gear as possible when it's released so I understand the positives and negatives of most items we sell. 

For example, I tried the AS1 skates and they absolutely did not work for my feet. Same with the 70K. With the AS1 I found the skate was too stiff and hurt my feet towards the instep. If I went with an EE width then the skate felt sloppy. Awesome skates, just not for my foot type. With the 70k I found it didn't fit me properly at all.

With Bauer, the Vapors fit nicely. Same issues with the Supreme as I have with the Tacks, hurting my feet towards the instep and a EE was too sloppy. I tried on the Nexus and it seemed to fit decent but I think overall it would be too deep for me.