Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
oxinthebox

9K Girdle question

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a girdle and have been eyeing the CCM 7092 but my local distributor said that CCM is out of stock in an XL.  Last night I ran across this Reebok PG9K Girdle at ProStockHockey.com for what seems to be a great price...any reason not to pull the trigger on this?  https://www.prostockhockey.com/player-protective/shells/size-xl-reebok-pg9k-girdle-team-stock/  

I can still find the 7092 online but for almost double the price of the 9k even after having to buy a shell.  So I guess my question is, is the 9k outdated at this point vs the 7092/super tacks?

Sorry for being long winded...I am just now picking up the sport, at an much advance age of 40!

thanks! Jacob

Howdy,

IIRC that girdle has a great reputation.  Hard to see how you could go wrong at that price.  I've never used one though.

I think the Reebok 9k girdle is a step in and the 7092 is a wrap style, if that matters to you.

Mark

The 7092/SuperTacks is the "return" of a high protection girdle to the retail lineup. It (edit: the 9k) has always been available to pro teams (not "New Old Stock (NOS)" or similar), and is essentially a re-branded older Jofa model. One of the most used "pants" in the show is the 9k, it is generally regarded as a tank and at the very top level in protection.

I have not yet held the 7092/SuperTacks, but from what I've seen there are a few changes in materials which might make it slightly lighter, but it most likely is not any more protective than the 9k. Long story short, if you like a girdle and can get the 9k, there is no reason not to use it. Especially for the price on prostockhockey right now.

Edited by gosinger

9 hours ago, oxinthebox said:

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a girdle and have been eyeing the CCM 7092 but my local distributor said that CCM is out of stock in an XL.  Last night I ran across this Reebok PG9K Girdle at ProStockHockey.com for what seems to be a great price...any reason not to pull the trigger on this? https://www.prostockhockey.com/player-protective/shells/size-xl-reebok-pg9k-girdle-team-stock/  

I can still find the 7092 online but for almost double the price of the 9k even after having to buy a shell.  So I guess my question is, is the 9k outdated at this point vs the 7092/super tacks?

Sorry for being long winded...I am just now picking up the sport, at an much advance age of 40!

thanks! Jacob

The 9k is still one of the best girdles ever made to date, it compares as well against any top of the line model today, just a few grams heavier. If newish condition at that price that girdle is a steal, I'd be all over it if it was a medium or large! The only concern you may have is sizing, it fits on the smallish side so a medium 9k on me is snug whereas a medium CCM is what I would expect a medium to fit like. Note that overtime they do expand so my 9k has moved from a snug fit to a slipper like fit.

Also the 9k doesn't have a cup pocket, for some people this is a deal breaker. But if you are still learning and occasionally falling then add some padded compression shorts with a cup holder, they add significant hip and tail bone protection making any hard falls a lot less damaging.

Edited by Vet88

I was in the market for a Girdle and was very close to buying a 9k. Just seemed very bulky. Ended up going with the bauer supreme total one HP girdle from total hockey. Wore it for a 5 skates or so and felt like it was restricting. I ended up finding a brand new Bauer MX3 for a great price even though i was reluctant to try another girdle tryed it anyway. Glad i did because The Mx3 is great. Mobile and light weight. I am eager to hear your review of the 9K once you get it.

So a quick update.  They arrived last Friday and I have been able to get out in them twice.  They are a huge upgrade over my way old pants, they did seem bulky at first but I think that is due to the lack of padding in the old pants.  They are sung on me (I'm on the big side so I was expecting this) but not horrible.  They came brand new with tags and for 49.99 they were an incredible value!

• Like 1