Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ParabolicActivity

2019 Gear Releases

We work with every brand in this regard.  Actually getting ready for my first meeting of the year as we speak - driving to Warrior HQ.

While it may seem frustrating as an end user, I believe we do the right thing and go through the right channels here at MSH.

Last year was a bit tough in regards to the info we could put out.  Hoping for better success this year.

• Like 3

I asked for one; never got it.  At least they'd allow me to post it; other brands don't.

So yes, working hard to ensure 2019 wasn't like 2018. 

13 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Hey JR, I’ve noticed that the 2018 Bauer catalog has not been published. Is it (or the 2019 Bauer catalog) coming at some point, or is that a thing of the past?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I asked for one; never got it.  At least they'd allow me to post it; other brands don't.

So yes, working hard to ensure 2019 wasn't like 2018. 

I have the digital 2019 catalog if you need it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I have the digital 2019 catalog if you need it. 

Good to know, thanks. If I’m allowed to post it and Bauer doesn’t provide a copy, I’ll let you know. 

10 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

What’s the incentive from other brands to not give permission to post catalogues? Seems like free advertising. 

• Like 2

Most likely the issues isn't "not wanting to give permission" but "not managing to give permission". The bigger companies get, the more bureaucracy builds up, and suddenly for something as simple as uploading a PDF that they probably even themselves provide either online or in print requires input from Legal, Marketing, R&D, etc etc etc - just one person to drop a ball there and nothing gets done at all.

• Like 1

Their feelings on the matter is that it's a trade document that doesn't need to be shared with the public. In order to preserve the relationship, I have to respect their decision.

15 hours ago, start_today said:

What’s the incentive from other brands to not give permission to post catalogues? Seems like free advertising. 

To those who just posted; you’re missing the point. 

I’m trying to do this by the book. Do I know what’s coming out in 2019 and when?  Yes. 

But I’m trying to work with these brands so that we can get more details, products for Long Term reviews, advertising, abilities to make custom products - all things we have accomplished on MSH for years - and if I just went rogue and posted everything I knew and had, I most likely won’t be able to do that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

To those who just posted; you’re missing the point. 

I’m trying to do this by the book. Do I know what’s coming out in 2019 and when?  Yes. 

But I’m trying to work with these brands so that we can get more details, products for Long Term reviews, advertising, abilities to make custom products - all things we have accomplished on MSH for years - and if I just went rogue and posted everything I knew and had, I most likely won’t be able to do that. 

Posting stuff about future releases is also not fair to the folks trying to make a living selling the inventory they already purchased , as it would be "obsoleted" by the "next best thing".

I would much much much rather the MSH have more long term reviews than see it devolve into just another forun because JR started running his mouth and blew up relationships he has built. If you want to see the beans spilled all you have to do is look around the internet a little bit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ParabolicActivity said:

I would much much much rather the MSH have more long term reviews than see it devolve into just another forun because JR started running his mouth and blew up relationships he has built. If you want to see the beans spilled all you have to do is look around the internet a little bit. 

Agreed, it is what makes this place a lot better than the other forums of this type. What JR has built is great and we do not need another /r/hockeyplayers

I thought I saw somewhere that Bauer moved from 18 month releases back to 2 year releases for sticks  - can anyone confirm? 

Just curious on when the next generation of nexus sticks are due. 

Since nobody has responded to me, I went to the Bauer store today and they let me check out the protective section of the 2019 catalog.  I was rather disappointed that the 2S Pros are their only high end breezer but they are an anatomical fit.  The model down is more of a traditional fit but isn’t a top end like the 1N or the 2S Pro. I ended up trying on the high end Vapors and the CCM AS1s at another store and eventually purchased the AS1s because they seemed to fit better.  I have mixed feelings though because I’ve always been a Bauer guy and neither the AS1s or the high end Vapors were perfect... so I picked the best option available.  Anyone using the AS1 on here?

Edited by Mnhockeycoach99
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 7:50 PM, Mnhockeycoach99 said:

Since nobody has responded to me, I went to the Bauer store today and they let me check out the protective section of the 2019 catalog.  I was rather disappointed that the 2S Pros are their only high end breezer but they are an anatomical fit.  The model down is more of a traditional fit but isn’t a top end like the 1N or the 2S Pro.

Huh. Well, that's kind of disappointing. I figured a high-end traditional pant would've been a given, seeing how popular the Supreme One95/Nexus 1000/Nexus 1N have always been, but maybe I'm just speaking for a niche crowd that snaps up the pro stock models on eBay?

Still kind of curious to see what they roll out before snapping up 1N's on clearance.

Edited by Burning Bear
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Burning Bear said:

Huh. Well, that's kind of disappointing. I figured a high-end traditional pant would've been a given, seeing how popular the Supreme One95/Nexus 1000/Nexus 1N have always been, but maybe I'm just speaking for a niche crowd that snaps up the pro stock models on eBay?

Still kind of curious to see what they roll out before snapping up 1N's on clearance.

Yeah, I am too but I wasnt thrilled with the 1S fit so I bought the CCM AS1s instead... absolutely love them.  Fit great, seem pretty light, and very protective.