Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
RadioGaGa

Was this a dick move or not?

I think if you demean people for having a different attitude to you, then you’re a distinct minority in ANY community.

But go you.

You obviously aren't familiar with what has been happening with American politics over the last 20 or so years. 😀

Just filling you in on what I've seen in my nearly 30 years of beer league playing with folks whose levels ranged from recent to the game all the way to NCAA champs and Euro/minor leaguers. Nobody wants to out there when "that guy" is going balls out with 10 seconds left in a game that is all over.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, chippa13 said:

If you feel you need to be a Johnny Tryhard with 10 seconds left in a lopsided game to feel fulfilled with the game, well.........you'll find you are in a distinct minority in the beer league community

This. Exactly this. 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:02 PM, taporsnap17 said:

Not a dick move.  Just pack stuff and go home.

Did she need a couple of points for the stats or something?

Her fantasy stats were going to suffer and she lost an over/under bet

On 5/22/2019 at 4:15 PM, RickDC said:

Maybe it's just me, I don't really care what the score is, I try my hardest on each and every shift, I don't care whether it's 10-1 or 1-10 - if the other team are dropping the puck in our zone and we're 10-1 up and they still want to play, hey I'll play and respect them for it. We're there to play hockey - I think anything else is just condescending towards the other team and I'm not there to give pity, or take pity. If they give up, hey, I support them doing that as well, not my preference, but I respect that not everyone is the same as me. Personally, I find it super exciting to try and go for goal in 10 seconds, or defend against a goal in that time, and I'm there to be excited by the game.

If people are dicks with that many seconds to go, on either side, then they're going to be dicks at any time.

I'm just there to have fun, for exercise and to me, being pressured IS fun. Giving up, not pressuring - is just not fun and I think where people start to just take hockey for granted and lose interest - if you're not challenged, then what's the point?

There are many ways to be challenged and get your exercise. You could move up a league or two and you'll be challenged every shift. After the game, you could immediately start doing suicides until the Zamboni driver kicks you off the ice. As someone who BOTH plays and officiates adult league, there is nothing to gain with a loop-sided score as mentioned by the OP. You may think that it is "fun" but there are people who will see it otherwise. And since going "all out" is completely unnecessary in adult league, why do it knowing well it would illicit a more than common response? Makes no sense to me but people still do it ha.