Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
IPv6Freely

CCM Pro Stock Pant Models

1 hour ago, caveman27 said:

How much extra padding do you need in men's league hockey that regular pro-level pants can't handle?

Why do people buy "performance models" of a car that goes 0-60 in 3 seconds when the base model that does it in 5 seconds would serve them just fine?

58 minutes ago, z1ggy said:

Why do people buy "performance models" of a car that goes 0-60 in 3 seconds when the base model that does it in 5 seconds would serve them just fine?

What I specifically meant to ask is "why do you want pro-stock pants with extra padding over pro-stock pants with normal amount of padding?"

I bought pro stock CCM pants too, but without X or XTRA in the model name.

6 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

What I specifically meant to ask is "why do you want pro-stock pants with extra padding over pro-stock pants with normal amount of padding?"

I bought pro stock CCM pants too, but without X or XTRA in the model name.

Because I can... because that's what I want... so on and so on. It's not like it's cost prohibitive like with a car either... the X version of a car might be $20k more than the regular one. In this case it's maybe $80 vs $100. Since I've already got 45X's which I use for all my skates... Why not just hold out and wait to find what I exactly want? I had the regular 70's in hand, tried them on and felt like they weren't that much different than the 45's anyway.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, z1ggy said:

Because I can... because that's what I want... so on and so on. It's not like it's cost prohibitive like with a car either... the X version of a car might be $20k more than the regular one. In this case it's maybe $80 vs $100. Since I've already got 45X's which I use for all my skates... Why not just hold out and wait to find what I exactly want? I had the regular 70's in hand, tried them on and felt like they weren't that much different than the 45's anyway.

OK. Well, if that is what floats your boat, that's fine. Not sure why you want the extra weight of extra padding if you aren't taking on NHL level hits and shots.  

On 5/25/2019 at 8:56 AM, start_today said:

I recently picked up a pair of medium hp31. I believe those are in the same line as the hp30 & 35s. 31s might specifically be for CHL or other similar leagues. 

I’m 6’2”, with 32” waist in most dress pants. M with the extension zipper fit fine. It sometimes feels tight around my stomach, but good on my hips. I’m not sure about the double belt and 2 piece pant. It’s a lifestyle I’m not familiar with, but I’m getting used to it, as long as I’m not consciously thinking about it, they do the job.

They have a traditional boxy fit. I put my pants on after skates with no problems at all. I don’t know the exact weight, but I’d say 3ish pounds. When I weighed them, they were the exact same weight as my large Covert DT2 pants. These few like they run a little warm, but it’s also been kinda hot since I got them, so it might just be me adjusting to summer hockey.

Do they have buttons for suspenders?

On 11/24/2019 at 4:58 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Any assistance with these goalie pants? 

MHPGPROS.SP ? These are Crawford pro returns I have been using for a couple years, but I want to find the same model but plain black. Shells are an option but they never seem to fit quite right. 

image.png.7c7691b42f9b1c9401e8904c7c9ffdec.png

image.png.5ea3a35171a75cc67b11c47d6b661e9a.png

image.png.3cbeba47b4998697e5a04486061fd758.png

image.thumb.png.c4642bf8f494023c52b908718f01821b.png

Bunch of HPG 12A in XL on sidelineswap. Front hip padding design looks different though.

On 1/25/2020 at 2:08 PM, caveman27 said:

Bunch of HPG 12A in XL on sidelineswap. Front hip padding design looks different though.

Yeah HPG is totally different. 

Old thread, but still plenty relevant. I hope to add to the knowledge base here. Growing old and getting hurt sucks. It takes far too long to heal. Pro Stock rocks for old farts, if not for everybody. Why do you need all that protection? You don't...until you do. If you play long enough, you'll get there! I fell on my hip a few years back, and it hurt for over a year. That was the last time I wore retail pants, and now I'm Pro Stock from head to toe. Yes, I have G.A.S. - Gear Acquisition Syndrome. I like to try stuff. Anybody got a prollem widdat?

1 - CCM/Reebok definitely run small by at least a size, if not more.
2 - X: I believe it stands for extra padding, and has nothing to do with any zippers for length adjustment. I'm guessing the zipper is used on 1-piece designs for extra length, based solely on the pants I own.

- Reebok PG9K Pro Stock girdle, XXL. Sock anchors on thigh pads. BRILLIANT. The closest you'll come to the feeling of no pants at all. Highly adjustable because of the unique hybrid segmented design. No feeling of bulk or restriction, but excellent protection. Mine are XXL, and they are still snug going over my hips. Perfect when in place. If you can find them, get them. My favorite by far.
- CCM HP70, XL+2. No sock anchors. NICE. This is a 2-piece design, no zipper. I'm guessing the +2 is built into the lower section. Yep, I'm a +2 guy, and the length on these is perfect. The XL size is REALLY tight going over my hips, but fine when in place. Very good protection without feeling overly bulky, as pants go. Far bulkier feeling than the Reebok girdle, but largely unnoticed on the ice. CCM belts kind of suck. They are not anchored to the pant, and you have to hold them from spinning around your waste to cinch them tight. They also seem to slip, which is annoying. I like these pants pretty well, and would be perfectly satisfied with them... if I didn't know any better.
- CCM HP45X, XL+2. No sock anchors. FORTRESS. The X for extra protection is no joke. They are pretty bulky, but I forget about that on the ice, and they don't really feel noticeably heavier. I use suspenders because the belt won't hold them up. The protection is incredible, and if you have need for it, they rock. You'll feel invincible. These are a 1-piece design and have a zipper for length. If you have injury concerns, play a really rough game, or are prone to trying to kill yourself on occasion, these are the ticket.
- Warrior Covert Pro, XL+2. No sock anchors. EXCELLENT. Much truer to size. For a pant, they are the best balance of protection, weight, and lack of bulky or restrictive feel. The belt is attached to the pant and cinches forward from both sides. Set it and forget it. Brilliant. Easily my favorite pant. My only gripe is a nit pick. The velcro closure tabs on the inseam closures are positioned such that they rub together and catch a bit, which is occasionally distracting. It make me think a sock has come loose from the velcro sock straps (which I added). If I don't instinctively grab for the Reebok girdle, chances are I'll grab these.
- Easton Synergy HSG Pro Stock girdle. XL. No sock anchors. MEH. They fit more like a traditional girdle; ON your body like tights, where the Reebok is a hybrid design with floating thigh guard segments. The protection is good and they are light and not bulky, but they are somewhat restrictive in some motions. Again, this is not noticed on ice, so much, but it is there. They are not really long enough for me, so I have to let them ride down a bit out of position. I don't really wear them much, but they do the job pretty well. If they fit me, I'd probably grade them more favorably. There are not many girdles out there, and these would be a decent choice if you wanted a girdle.

I hope my gear geekdom helps somebody in making their decision.

- JERSEYDOOD

Edited by JERSEYDOOD
  • Like 1

Anyone experience wearing the CCM HPTKs and how the run as far as sizing and protection? Now that I’m 41 it’s time to up the protection of my pants.

Edited by nyquil

I have two pairs.  I also wear FT4 Pro, HP45, and Warrior QRL...I'm am medium Warrior, between M-L in the HP45, medium FT4 Pro,  and large Tacks.  Pants are all over the map. Protection is IMO, best in the HP45 and QRL.  The Jetspeed is just about as protective and very light and maneuverable.  The Tacks are ok but protection is not up to the others (I've one retail AS1 and one pro stock...no difference). I you like close fit...I recommend the FT4 Pro. If I could only keep one...HP45.  It's a little heavier any a bulkier, but not restrictive in the least and it's a tank as far as build.  Reference: 5'9"/34"/167lbs.

On 12/3/2022 at 1:54 PM, nyquil said:

Anyone experience wearing the CCM HPTKs and how the run as far as sizing and protection? Now that I’m 41 it’s time to up the protection of my pants.

I'm a rec league player but I fall and collide with others more often than I'd like as a beginner of a similar age.

I've previously used the Jetspeed girdle which I liked until I got slewfooted and reinjured my tailbone. I was using a size medium for my 35-36" waist.

Switched to HPUCLP size large. Ridiculously light. Paired with padded shorts, fell on my tailbone a few times without issue. Given how often that I fall though, I'm not sure how the lightweight foam will hold up.

I picked up an HP70 (UPC said HP70C, spine guard label says HP70?) size large in case the HPUCLP didn't work out. Was going to resell it because the boxy loose fit seems to expose a larger gap in inner thigh protection. However, I really like how wide the tailbone padding coverage is.

Picked up an HPTKXP size large to compare to the HP70. The padding is next level and I love it. I'm sure I'd get used to the extra weight, which is considerable, as I play. I also like the more tapered fit as opposed to the boxy HP70. What I don't love is the teeny tiny coverage the tailbone padding narrows down to in width as it approaches the tailbone. What a waste of a thick slab of D3O. If they made the tailbone pad wide like the HP70 but with D3O as the foam, they could've just dropped the mic and walked off into the sunset.

Edited by mshman

On 12/3/2022 at 2:54 PM, nyquil said:

I missed this... HPTK are just the retail Tacks pants with a pro shell. Protection is not up to par with the other CCM Pro Stock pant models.

20 minutes ago, Hills said:

I missed this... HPTK are just the retail Tacks pants with a pro shell. Protection is not up to par with the other CCM Pro Stock pant models.

So would the HP45s and HP70s be better in your opinion?

24 minutes ago, nyquil said:

I like the fit MUCH better on the HP45 than HP70s. HP70s are an older style of pant and the HP45 are just cut nicer on the body and are more anatomical.

If you find a pair that you really like save for the tailpad...take them to a shoemaker and have them sew in additional padding of your choice.   D30, foam, plastic insert...whatever.  It's cheap, easy, and you'll have exactly what you want.  I do my own...even cheaper. 

3 hours ago, Jbear said:

If you find a pair that you really like save for the tailpad...take them to a shoemaker and have them sew in additional padding of your choice.   D30, foam, plastic insert...whatever.  It's cheap, easy, and you'll have exactly what you want.  I do my own...even cheaper. 

Interesting. In that case, I think modding the HPTKXP might be the way. How did you manage to do it yourself?

8 hours ago, Hills said:

Can't speak for the HPTK, but the HPTKXP feels beastly. Wish I could remember the ASV Pro pants I saw in store to compare, but maybe that's saying something. And $100 vs $230 is no contest, IMO.

8 hours ago, nyquil said:

I guess the HP70 would be okay for those that want the most unencumbered feeling around the legs. I never found the HPUCLP anatomical fit (as I recall, essentially the same as HP45, just different foams) to feel restrictive though. It's not as tight fitting as a girdle, but it still has a closer to the body fit, seemingly more consistent coverage than the HP70.

Have done several ways.. I've ordered D30 sheets (lattice-style)...cut them to shape and sewed them onto the existing tailpads with heavy braided fishing line (or dental floss will work) with a thick needle. It's easy...just watch your fingers.  Also crazy glued onto a plastic insert and done the same...also sliced open the tailpiece sections, inserted whatever and sewed back up. Lots of options. 

So there are always HP45X pants for sale on SidelineSwap. I know they have an extension but would a Medium be large/long enough for someone 6'1", 160lbs, 32" waist? Currently using 2S Pro retail which are barely long enough.

7 minutes ago, 218hockey said:

So there are always HP45X pants for sale on SidelineSwap. I know they have an extension but would a Medium be large/long enough for someone 6'1", 160lbs, 32" waist? Currently using 2S Pro retail which are barely long enough.

This kinda depends on where your pants sit and the ratios of body parts. 

I’m 6’2”, 185 and wear medium pants with the zipper extension undone, and I’m happy with the length. Currently in HP31s. 

On 12/3/2022 at 3:35 PM, Jbear said:

I have two pairs.  I also wear FT4 Pro, HP45, and Warrior QRL...I'm am medium Warrior, between M-L in the HP45, medium FT4 Pro,  and large Tacks.  Pants are all over the map. Protection is IMO, best in the HP45 and QRL.  The Jetspeed is just about as protective and very light and maneuverable.  The Tacks are ok but protection is not up to the others (I've one retail AS1 and one pro stock...no difference). I you like close fit...I recommend the FT4 Pro. If I could only keep one...HP45.  It's a little heavier any a bulkier, but not restrictive in the least and it's a tank as far as build.  Reference: 5'9"/34"/167lbs.

Do you think you'd fit in medium for Tacks?

I recently picked up an HP32 in size medium which fit my 36" waist just fine. It's boxy like an HP70 and I'm not a fan of how loose it fits around the hips. It has a drawstring and two cinch straps that I have to tighten more than I'd like to keep it feeling secure. 

The spine protector is also kind of a joke (feels like just a common tailbone pad) in comparison to the offerings of today even by entry level standards (with their hard thick plastics and such). Not a good option for those likely to get crosschecked in the back often.

Protection wise, it's a damn tank otherwise and it feels like the heaviest pro stock pants Ive tried yet (even the HP45X and HPTKXP, but barely).

That said, I'm a fan of the roomy thighs, the thick tailbone pad (which is like a non-segmented version of the 9k girdle tailbone pad), and the high grade nylon (?) of the shell.

Edited by mshman

On 7/19/2023 at 8:44 PM, mshman said:

Do you think you'd fit in medium for Tacks?

I recently picked up an HP32 in size medium which fit my 36" waist just fine. It's boxy like an HP70 and I'm not a fan of how loose it fits around the hips. It has a drawstring and two cinch straps that I have to tighten more than I'd like to keep it feeling secure. 

The spine protector is also kind of a joke (feels like just a common tailbone pad) in comparison to the offerings of today even by entry level standards (with their hard thick plastics and such). Not a good option for those likely to get crosschecked in the back often.

Protection wise, it's a damn tank otherwise and it feels like the heaviest pro stock pants Ive tried yet (even the HP45X and HPTKXP, but barely).

That said, I'm a fan of the roomy thighs, the thick tailbone pad (which is like a non-segmented version of the 9k girdle tailbone pad), and the high grade nylon (?) of the shell.

After reading your post I think im going to try to find some HP31s or 32s in a small. Have been wearing old medium U+ 12LE's forever and recently picked up a pair of HP31's in a medium and they are absolutely massive in comparison. And the padding difference is insane. Havent skated in them yet but will probably flog them off while theyre still new.

I think with the the extra 1" in length I should be fine in the smalls then. Im a 32" waist, 6'0 185lbs.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:07 PM, drmFF33 said:

After reading your post I think im going to try to find some HP31s or 32s in a small. Have been wearing old medium U+ 12LE's forever and recently picked up a pair of HP31's in a medium and they are absolutely massive in comparison. And the padding difference is insane. Havent skated in them yet but will probably flog them off while theyre still new.

I think with the the extra 1" in length I should be fine in the smalls then. Im a 32" waist, 6'0 185lbs.

I think you'll be fine going small for the waist. Due to the boxy fit, I'm wondering if I'd fit in a small as well.

I want to like them because of how similar the tailbone padding is to the 9k (which has saved my tailbone numerous times) but without having to deal with the annoyance of girdle dressing.

Man, is it a hefty tank though, especially compared to something like the HPUCLP. It's not like I'm winning any sprint races and it's not terrible once you get the wheels going, but it's extra bulk that I don't think is necessary at all unless you're a wrecking machine out there. I guess it would be good for getting more of a workout though.