Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dw91

CCM/Jofa pro jock

Does anybody have a lead on where to find one of these? It looks like they were available in Canada, but is there anywhere in the US? Sideline swap has one for 100 bucks, and eBay has some in Europe.

I bought a CCM from that guy that sells pro stock out of Russia on eBay. Took a while to get here but with shipping I think I paid around $70 CAD. So worth it, the thing is way more comfortable then those cups that come in the yellow shorts. Bought some Reebok suspenders at the same time, better quality than most of the stuff I’ve seen in store locally. 

No problem with shipping, everything on the up-and-up? Might have to take that route if it worked for you. 

Side question for those more educated on why product offerings are different between countries: why doesn’t CCM distribute this jock in the states or Canada? People are always complaining about cups and this one has nothing but rave reviews.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113618381392

This is the guy I bought from, same jock. Of all the stupid gear I’ve bought this is one of the things I’m most pleased with! I’m constantly buying gloves and helmets trying to find the “right” fit but the cups been great.

I was happy with the shipping, not overnight but I never got to the point that I was worried it wasn’t coming. I don’t know why it can’t be found here, I bought a CCM garter from PSH to go with it. 

This one always cracks me up, I just paid 23 € (Link) for the version with the sock attachment, prices in Europe range from 20-40€ depending on the seller. Fantastic cup, I don't get why Rbk wouldn't sell in in the states...

A few years ago some of the bigger online retailers in the States were carrying the CCM one, I bought one in 2016 for $25 as a backup for the older Reebok one that I use...

I guess that like the Jofa designs that were basically the same at retail and pro-stock, that these don't do well at retail.  Which is a shame because as many have stated above, it's a very simple, comfortable and protective piece of gear

Old jofa design with new look. allmost all europeans use them. Available in most sports stores here in Sweden. 

Here there are two versions. One with jock only, and one as jock/garter belt combo..

ive used the combo version since the -90s... best/most protective jock ever.

6 hours ago, swede said:

Old jofa design with new look. allmost all europeans use them. Available in most sports stores here in Sweden. 

Here there are two versions. One with jock only, and one as jock/garter belt combo..

ive used the combo version since the -90s... best/most protective jock ever.

By far my favorite jock. I use the jock only one for roller hockey and the jock/garter belt combo for ice hockey. One I bought from eBay and one from a European shop that shipped to the states.

You'll forgive me for resurrecting a thread going on four years old (no idea if it's more frowned upon to resurrect an old thread or create a new jock thread for the 50th time), but I'm currently in the hunt for one of these jocks, as nothing CCM, Bauer, Warrior, Shock Doctor, or anyone else put out at retail has really worked. So, couple questions...

1.) Are foreign sellers on eBay my only choice at this point? Can't seem to find anyone domestically who sells these at a reasonable price, or even at an unreasonable price, for that matter.

2.) I see Warrior produces an Alpha equivalent to the CCM/Reebok pro jock. I'm assuming they're both identical as they look identical. Is this true?

• Like 1

They pop up on SLS from US sellers every now and then, I think Fanelli or Valhalla had some last month for VERY reasonable prices (I want to say under $50).  I'd just save a search on SLS and check daily, I'm sure they'll pop up again soon.  I had to search for the Warrior one and see the ebay listing, looks very very similar to the CCM one and the price isn't bad, just might take a few weeks to get (with ebay I wouldn't be worried about getting scammed too bad, just use paypal and if there's an issue it's usually not too hard to get your money back).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Burning Bear said:

You'll forgive me for resurrecting a thread going on four years old (no idea if it's more frowned upon to resurrect an old thread or create a new jock thread for the 50th time), but I'm currently in the hunt for one of these jocks, as nothing CCM, Bauer, Warrior, Shock Doctor, or anyone else put out at retail has really worked. So, couple questions...

1.) Are foreign sellers on eBay my only choice at this point? Can't seem to find anyone domestically who sells these at a reasonable price, or even at an unreasonable price, for that matter.

2.) I see Warrior produces an Alpha equivalent to the CCM/Reebok pro jock. I'm assuming they're both identical as they look identical. Is this true?

I am going to try and get more info on this Warrior one. I could use a replacement for my current CCM one so I would like to have a source on more.

• Like 1

One more thing I forgot to ask, do they come in different sizes? Didn't want something that either constantly slides off me or cuts of my circulation. The Warrior Alpha seems to come in either S/M or L/XL sizes, but the CCM has a Senior size, and... that's it.

3 hours ago, Hills said:

I am going to try and get more info on this Warrior one. I could use a replacement for my current CCM one so I would like to have a source on more.

I went down the rabbit hole before... looks like they're only sold overseas.  I found a few UK shops that sold them but the shipping was as much or more than the jock so wasn't worth it for me.  They have a model with the garter belt built in which looked nice and it comes in 2 sizes which I like (since the CCM is never very snug on me).  

1 minute ago, Burning Bear said:

One more thing I forgot to ask, do they come in different sizes? Didn't want something that either constantly slides off me or cuts of my circulation. The Warrior Alpha seems to come in either S/M or L/XL sizes, but the CCM has a Senior size, and... that's it.

The CCM is one size and the elastic is not very elastic-ey.  I'm a 31ish inch waist and it stays on but isn't snug by any means, also the little bit of elastic it did have wore off in the first few months, luckily it's a wide/thick waist band so it stays put for the most part.

• Like 1

Thought I'd bring this back to the top as I just received a Warrior Alpha Pro jock (because I was curious and couldn't resist lol).  I found a seller in the US on ebay, I watched the item and he sent me an offer a day later  for $15 less than his asking price so I jumped on it.

I got it today and haven't worn it yet but first impressions are the cup is the same shape/size as the CCM Pro but it's not as beefy.  The inner hard material is flexible if I really squeeze it where as the CCM Pro barely budges, also the top "flaps" where the waistband attaches is thinner and more flexible.  I'm not too concerned as the CCM is literally built like a tank and I have no worries about how protective the Warrior is but thought I'd mention it.  I got the Warrio in S/M since they have 2 sizes, I'm about a 31" waist and this appears it'll be nice and snug (the CCM I have is so stretched out it barely has any elastic which is odd since it was always big/loose on me), I got the one with the garter straps attached so the snug waist will help keep things up.  I'll test it out on Sunday night and report back. 

16 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I got it today and haven't worn it yet but first impressions are the cup is the same shape/size as the CCM Pro but it's not as beefy.  

I have two of the CCM pro jock with the garter belt and it is the “2022-23” model which has a quite thin and cheap feeling waistband, I have had an issue on both where the elasticity in the waistband wears off after only 1-2 weeks of use, I’ve searched everywhere for the older version of it that has a much thicker waistband and that a lot of guys in the NHL are using but I cannot find it anywhere in Europe. How is the waistband on the warrior one? It’s tough to tell from images online. Cheers!

2 hours ago, Tonksy said:

I have two of the CCM pro jock with the garter belt and it is the “2022-23” model which has a quite thin and cheap feeling waistband, I have had an issue on both where the elasticity in the waistband wears off after only 1-2 weeks of use, I’ve searched everywhere for the older version of it that has a much thicker waistband and that a lot of guys in the NHL are using but I cannot find it anywhere in Europe. How is the waistband on the warrior one? It’s tough to tell from images online. Cheers!

The CCM Pro I have has a thick waistband, feels like more fabric than elastic to be honest, and now that I compare with the Warrior it was way too big for me around the waist.  The Warrior has really nice elastic and fits me really well and even feels like it keeps the cup in place better as a result where as the CCM let the cup kind of float away from the body when I hunched down/squatted.

here's a couple photos side by side, first showing the basic shape/size of the cup part (the CCM has more fabric over the hard internal piece but they're the same size, and also mine is 2-3 years old so it's worn a bit), and also a closeup of the elastic bands side by side.

52754111418_53162e5e39_c.jpgUntitled by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

52754030920_6ec6600fc8_c.jpgUntitled by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

The CCM Pro I have has a thick waistband, feels like more fabric than elastic to be honest, and now that I compare with the Warrior it was way too big for me around the waist.  The Warrior has really nice elastic and fits me really well and even feels like it keeps the cup in place better as a result where as the CCM let the cup kind of float away from the body when I hunched down/squatted.

here's a couple photos side by side, first showing the basic shape/size of the cup part (the CCM has more fabric over the hard internal piece but they're the same size, and also mine is 2-3 years old so it's worn a bit), and also a closeup of the elastic bands side by side.

52754111418_53162e5e39_c.jpgUntitled by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

52754030920_6ec6600fc8_c.jpgUntitled by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

Awesome pictures man really appreciated! The new version of the CCM Jock here in Sweden has that same band as your Warrior jock, I’d be interested as to why they have opted now to only use that type of waistband as opposed to the old thicker one as it seems many pros prefer the older make.

The availability of these Jocks is also strange because as mentioned previously in the thread it’s by far the most popular cup used in Europe, not sure as to why they aren’t easier to come by in the USA and Canada because they would be CCMs best seller.