Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ryan91330

Looking for P28 type curve that's a bit more closed

On 11/16/2019 at 6:45 AM, ParabolicActivity said:

I think the P01 is completely straight until the toe hook. I can't even imagine what will come when kids develop on that type of blade. I hope they stick with it.

saying this as a good thing?  I got my son a P01 recently, hope he can get it figured out.

got my P29TM from hockey stickman today.  The curve has slight kink at the toe compared to p29 retail.  Slightly larger blade but not as big as p92m  appears to have a lower lie compared to p29 retail.  nice stick  I would post pic but I don't know how to do that from my phone sorry

This is the official retail P90TM curve, though it can change once it's released via general availability. Its not as max height as most other blades and slightly less aggressive as compared to a P28

qiVLH9t.png

EqY4ZRr.png

Edited by SkateWorksPNW

19 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

This is the official retail P90TM curve, though it can change once it's released via general availability. Its not as max height as most other blades and slightly less aggressive as compared to a P28

qiVLH9t.png

EqY4ZRr.png

Yeah that doesn't look Max Height at all. 

I just don't get what CCM is doing for curve names anymore.

How come jeffg's P90TM looks Max Height for sure and your P90TM doesn't look Max Height at all? @SkateWorksPNW what is marked on that shaft for Curve/Pattern? Players name or P90TM?

colins

Edited by colins

Does anyone know which RH pros are using P90TM? I may try to find a pro stock. I was hoping to grab the P90TM when it comes to retail, but the lack of maximum height bothers me. I like a short, tall blade so I can make contact once in awhile with pucks bouncing around in front of the net on rebounds. The extra weight does not bother me, and I figure it is more than made up for if I can find a blade short in length. 

I was using the P30 and loved it, but I my sticks are all bashed up pretty good (mostly from defensemen aggressively lifting and chopping down on my stick when I am standing in front of the net) and I need a new one. 

Edited by Cosmic

21 hours ago, MCornell said:

Anyone know the lie of this? Or how it varies from the Benn pro? Aware of the height but is curve larger/smaller, lie different, etc.  thanks. 

The P90T's I have I would call a 5.5, when compared to a Bauer P92 being a 6.

I suspect they didn't change the lie with the P90TM, they just added some height (the 'mid max' as described above).

Ugg, "mid max", more hair splitting.  

I was looking at the Malkin curve on prohockeysticks.  It was described as an 88 with a toe curve, so I guess the same shape but with the curve just pushed forward toward the toe.  I would assume it doesn't have a lot of rocker and is fairly closed.  i liked some aspects of the 28 except when I'd shoot quickly from the point and not get my hands forward enough (watch your heads boys, incoming!).  I use an 88 now but like the longer "flat spot" of the 28.  I was thinking of trying the Malkin but pre-orders just closed.  Wonder if the 71 from Base is the same.

Edit: Meant longer flat spot of the 28

Edited by BenBreeg

2 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

I was looking at the Malkin curve on prohockeysticks.  It was described as an 88 with a toe curve, so I guess the same shape but with the curve just pushed forward toward the toe.  I would assume it doesn't have a lot of rocker and is fairly closed.  i liked some aspects of the 28 except when I'd shoot quickly from the point and not get my hands forward enough (watch your heads boys, incoming!).  I use an 88 now but like the longer "flat spot" of the 88.  I was thinking of trying the Malkin but pre-orders just closed.  Wonder if the 71 from Base is the same.

Bases BC71 and doesn't have much rocker and is closed throughout.  The toe is actually more closed (or less open) then the middle of the blade if you look closely.  There is also the CCM p71, which is the same as the Gionta W10.  If you go to Prohockeysticks it is the last curve in his video feeds.

6 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

I was looking at the Malkin curve on prohockeysticks.  It was described as an 88 with a toe curve, so I guess the same shape but with the curve just pushed forward toward the toe.  I would assume it doesn't have a lot of rocker and is fairly closed.  i liked some aspects of the 28 except when I'd shoot quickly from the point and not get my hands forward enough (watch your heads boys, incoming!).  I use an 88 now but like the longer "flat spot" of the 88.  I was thinking of trying the Malkin but pre-orders just closed.  Wonder if the 71 from Base is the same.

You sound like the perfect candidate for the P90T/P90TM. Have you tried one? 

colins

1 hour ago, colins said:

colins

I have not, but I don't use anything at this point that hasn't been available retail.

15 hours ago, colins said:

colins

So this new curve is only available at the top two price points, hell of an incentive to try something out...

4 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

So this new curve is only available at the top two price points, hell of an incentive to try something out...

Well it’s also pretty readily available on pro stock sticks from CCM as well. The pro shops near me who handle any kind of bookings from CCM were able to order it in no problem. 

1 hour ago, adam14 said:

Well it’s also pretty readily available on pro stock sticks from CCM as well. The pro shops near me who handle any kind of bookings from CCM were able to order it in no problem. 

Confused, I thought people were saying in another thread this retail one is NOT the same as the pro stock version with similar pattern name?

And what I have in my mind is something more along the lines of this pic:

https://www.hockeystickman.com/blogs/hockey-stick-alerts/jamie-benn-pro-stock-style-curve

It looks less open than what is posted above in this thread.  Could be the pic though.

Edited by BenBreeg